Seat covers

jem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I decided to pick up some cheap walmart seat covers and use them until some of the better quality covers become available. I purchased the ones in the pic below and they work, but are a bit small for the back.

4113009.jpg

More pics of them installed, and a small review here.

Only question ... forgive me as I didn't notice if the C-Max seats themselves have built-in air bags but if they do make sure your seat covers accommodate them -- the Nissan LEAF has built-in seat airbags so you need to order some that allow for the bag to deploy

Wet Okole now has the pattern for the C-max. I loaned them my car today and ordered covers for all the seats. I will post pictures when they are installed (3-4 weeks).

Would you share the price for the covers?

I just checked their site and it looks like they offer heaters with the covers as an option, the prices appear reasonable too (for the heaters). The cover prices are steep, but it looks like a case of getting what is paid for more than being expensive.

Edited by CNCGeek

Would you share the price for the covers?

I just checked their site and it looks like they offer heaters with the covers as an option, the prices appear reasonable too (for the heaters). The cover prices are steep, but it looks like a case of getting what is paid for more than being expensive.

I don't have the itemized list and I did get a great deal for loaning my car for the day (50% off). I ordered seat covers for front and back with 1/2 piping, sunglass pockets in both front seats, map pockets behind front seats, and two dog leashes attached to back seats. The total was 339.00 (remember that is 1/2 off). The quality of their covers is exceptional and I was told they are guaranteed for life. The extras like pockets ranged from 8.00 to 14.00. As a side note, they were a very pleasant and accommodating group of people to do business with. They provided a ride from the shop and picked me up when they were finished with my car, which was about 1/2 hour ride each way.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought the Diono Ultra Mat Car Seat Mat for $22 at a local baby store called BuyBuyBaby. It hangs over the headrest and doesn't restrict side airbags. It's more or less temporary for me until more products are available. I will post a picture later..

Nice design - easy to use and remove, and no danger of interfering with side airbags.  All of those features are important to me.

I wonder about a couple of things - says it has grippy surface to prevent sliding, and it's dark.  I wonder if over time it would abrade the seats or transfer color to them.  If you're just using it as a temporary fix, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Also wonder if the high density foam would interfere with the heated seats.

I saw a low tech, ultra cheap, easily washable solution on the Energi forum under a thread called cheap covers or something like that.  Basically a home-made version of towel covers used by folks after a trip to the gym.  What I really like is that it could be free, if you use an old towel you already have, and because I'm dirty or sweaty or grimy most of the time I get into the car, I can leave it in place all the time, then wash it with my regular laundry once a week or as needed.

Doesn't look fancy, but very practical for my situation.

On ebay I saw some nice looking seat covers from Greece for the C-Max.  They are $122 for a pair for the front seats.  All different colours. I know nothing about the quality, but they looked good.  http://www.ebay.ca/itm/for-FORD-C-MAX-High-Quality-Two-Front-Soft-Durable-Custom-Seat-Covers-/120997373509?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2c016645&vxp=mtr

Actually they may be for the European C-Max--darn.

Edited by Laurel

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the itemized list and I did get a great deal for loaning my car for the day (50% off). I ordered seat covers for front and back with 1/2 piping, sunglass pockets in both front seats, map pockets behind front seats, and two dog leashes attached to back seats. The total was 339.00 (remember that is 1/2 off). The quality of their covers is exceptional and I was told they are guaranteed for life. The extras like pockets ranged from 8.00 to 14.00. As a side note, they were a very pleasant and accommodating group of people to do business with. They provided a ride from the shop and picked me up when they were finished with my car, which was about 1/2 hour ride each way.

It would be great to hear from you on this.  I got the color samples by mail.  I expect to order in about three weeks or less, depending on when my CanvasBack Cargo Cover arrives.

On ebay I saw some nice looking seat covers from Greece for the C-Max.  They are $122 for a pair for the front seats.  All different colours. I know nothing about the quality, but they looked good.  http://www.ebay.ca/itm/for-FORD-C-MAX-High-Quality-Two-Front-Soft-Durable-Custom-Seat-Covers-/120997373509?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2c016645&vxp=mtr

Actually they may be for the European C-Max--darn.

The headrest covers look strange since they do not cover the sides.  Also the backs of the seats are not covered with those, which can be a problem if you have kid in the back that likes to kick the seat.  I am still using my cheap covers, which are a bit wrinkled, but holding up well - but I am still on the lookout for a good seatcover under a couple hundred bucks.

Are there any seat covers that will keep the back cool in the HOT summer heat when I do my MPG runs? ;)

No, seriously, I get a sweaty back to a point where I have to wear a shirt and change out before I get into the office and when I leave. Need something cool. AC is not cutting it.

The fabric covered seats in my lowly SE are relatively cool and breathe nicely, which is exactly why I got them instead of leather. I've had leather seats for the last several years in other cars and I got tired of having to peel myself out of them on hot days. The price for this comfort is the need to be extra vigilant about preventing dirt and stains in the fabric. So far, so good.

When I haul my dog, I have a loose fitting seat cover that fits over the entire back seat. It secures with loops around the head rests and is latched under the seat belts. I got it from Audi a few years ago but it seems to fit just about any hatch/wagon back seat.