For the dog lovers

jem

How are you planning on keeping the C-Max clean while hauling dogs. I take my three dogs to a dog park 2x/week and when they are done playing they are quite dirty. So far, I ordered a Cargo Cape and am thinking about putting them in carriers. Any other ideas?

I have a Great Dane. He gets the zoomies quite a bit, and keeping clean is not an option when we are at the park. I bought a cotton sleeping back at Goodwill and unzipped it all the way so it opens and lays flat in the back of the C-Max. It does an excellent job of keeping things clean. Unfortunately he also likes to stick his head out the window in the wind so we end up with dog slobber running all the way from the dor to the rear hatch. I found that a liberal coat of Klasse All in One acrylic polish can protect the paint job against everything.... including Great Dane saliva.

c-max-mac-Carole02_small.jpg

Thanks for the reply and the ideas. Sounds like you found a reasonable solution while being economical. Great looking pooch. The three of mine combined are probably about that size! Actually a little bigger- 80 lb. labradoodle, 50 lb. Aussie mix, 15 lb. terror mix (yep, I meant terror although others would say terrier).

They add up to being almost the same size. Our guy weighs 150 lbs (30 lbs more than my wife). We are looking for a rescue labradoodle to be his companion.

The sleeping bag trick is nice because it can be easily swapped back and forth between the C-Max and our Escape. Cotton with synthetic stuffing is also nice because we can toss it in the washer to keep it smelling okay, and yet it is still nice and cushy for the pup.

My plan was to get the "interior protection kit" which is just rubber floor mats and a cargo mat, and some seat covers. I am still looking for the mats and a good set of seat covers though. I like the sleeping bag idea, but I am pretty sure it would slide around into a wadded up mess with my dog though, maybe some velcro tabs sewn into the corners to hold it down would help with that though - I noticed they use velcro on the floor mats to keep them in place.

Edited by CNCGeek

I saw some cargo blankets at Harbor Freight today and thought of the sleeping bag idea so I picked a couple up. I am going to make a fitted liner so I can release the hound (to play) in the back of the C-max. I got most of the sewing done today, but now I have to wait on some plastic clips and stuff before I can finish it.

http://www.mystoopidstuff.com/cheap-cargo-cover-for-a-ford-c-max.html

I saw some cargo blankets at Harbor Freight today and thought of the sleeping bag idea so I picked a couple up. I am going to make a fitted liner so I can release the hound (to play) in the back of the C-max. I got most of the sewing done today, but now I have to wait on some plastic clips and stuff before I can finish it.

http://www.mystoopid...ford-c-max.html

I went to the link and saw what you did. People with talent and craftmanship piss me off! I wish I had those skills.

I went to the link and saw what you did. People with talent and craftmanship piss me off! I wish I had those skills.

Haha, thanks, but if you saw my sewing you would probably have a different opinion. I hoped to use a borrowed sewing machine, but found it was missing a part when I got it home.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply and the ideas. Sounds like you found a reasonable solution while being economical. Great looking pooch. The three of mine combined are probably about that size! Actually a little bigger- 80 lb. labradoodle, 50 lb. Aussie mix, 15 lb. terror mix (yep, I meant terror although others would say terrier).

I had a good laugh with the terror vs. terrier comment...thx. As you can see from my picture I have a (Welsh) terrior as well. I refer to her as a "Terrierist". To own one is to love one!

Edited by JayCo59

• 2 months later...

I found a vinyl cargo cover at Marshall's. Has backpack-style adjustable straps with click-in connectors -- used them to secure it to the cargo tie-downs in back and the headrest posts in front. Here's a pic from a member who has the same item:

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/gallery/image/220-img-042904/