If you see another CMax, do you observe how they drive?

Jus-A-CMax

I don't actually see that many c-maxers, but I do watch how they drive.  I do also watch Prii drivers - and they don't seem to be watching their mpgs much.  But, yesterday one took off ahead of me in the next lane...but I coasted past her on EV and wondered if she was also on EV and going that slow....

The Priis have a much smaller batts and can only EV up to 45mph and then they are toast. Its like you flying the Corsair and she is flying a wooden Zero, you'll toast her a$$ anytime of the day (look up this great WW2 plane rivalry, its a perfect analogy for the CMax vx Zero Prii). The only kudos that the Prii gets, at least from me, is that they have a superior negative split mode especially at higher speeds but that is due in part to their superior aerodynamics - 10+ years gotta BUY THEM SOMETHING over our 1+ year of CMaxing.....

Rawk on CMax and :flyaway:  FLY the Ford Flag :rating:

• 8 months later...

Last weekend I was traveling on I-80 in western Illinois when I noticed a white C-Max entering the interstate from an on-ramp. I moved into the left lane to let him on and pulled up on his left as he came up to highway speed. The driver's left hand was on the steering wheel and his right hand was holding his cell phone and his thumb was busy texting. Even though he was wearing sunglasses I could see that his eyes were quickly shifting from the road, to his phone, back to the road.

I let him go by as I didn't want to be part of the carnage he may cause.

I too see all the Priuses going 75-85 flying past everyone on the freeway when Im in my gas Passat coasting trying to optimize my mpgs doing 65-66 :)

to each his own

i guess they think just because they own a hybrid they automatically get 50 mpgs? even with stupid driving habits :) ha!

I don't actually see that many c-maxers, but I do watch how they drive.  I do also watch Prii drivers - and they don't seem to be watching their mpgs much.  But, yesterday one took off ahead of me in the next lane...but I coasted past her on EV and wondered if she was also on EV and going that slow....

Edited by salsaguy

I too see all the Priuses going 75-85 flying past everyone on the freeway when Im in my gas Passat coasting trying to optimize my mpgs doing 65-66 :)

to each his own

i guess they think just because they own a hybrid they automatically get 50 mpgs? even with stupid driving habits :) ha!

Prius drives aren't getting 50 mpg's driving like that, they'd be lucky to get 45mpg's. LOL I had a CMAX old lady driver stuck to my butt going down two lane road (55mph) and went racing off when I turned off the road.LOL

I'm it gets better MPG's than her last car. LOL :)

Paul

to each his own

+100

Please don't confuse those high-speed Prii drivers flyers with facts. They bought a Prius ferheavenssake!

They're automatically and singlehandedly saving the planet, ending global warming, reducing Uhmurica's reliance on furrin awhll, and ensuring the world has a never-ending supply of cuddly kittens.  :love_shower:

Driving 85mph in the Carpool lane is their little earthly reward for being such a good person!

The C-Max is really a great car for aggressive urban and suburban driving.  It is big inside but small enough to allow for easy lane changes. Sporty suspension and tires. Plenty fast, even with 4 adults in the car.

Saw that demonstrated and it was nice to see.  With a few aggressive lane changes the driver I saw worked her way through some traffic and got ahead of me.

With a full size mini-van my last car, this C-Max is so much more fun to drive and park.

While this wasn't a matter of driving style, I followed an Ice Storm twin on the freeway today, with the right side chin spoiler ripped off and hanging by the screws at the outboard end.

At first I thought they had caught a stick under the nose, but then I recognized the taper of the black plastic and the attachement features. This is the ~20 inch black piece that wraps from the front tire spoilers around the front, attached with four of the plug-type fastners I removed when building my front air dam. My exit came up before I could get a second look...

HAve fun,

Frank