Charge Profiles

cmaxguy

I just got my CMAX Energi back from a long 19 day stay for repairs. I double checked to make sure my charge profile was set to value charge. I plugged in my car around 5:30pm and I heard the typical latching then everything went to sleep. Fine. After I put the kids to bed I decided to log into myfordmobile to check on my car to see if everything was ok & I was shocked to see that it was at 95% charge! I went in to the garage to physically see my car & couldn't believe what I saw. The dash said it was waiting to charge even though it said it would start the charge at 7:51pm today (when I left the car it said it was waiting to charge & would start the charge at midnight like it always said)...and the vehicle was clearly charging away. I just got my text that the battery is fully charged. It only shows 18 mile range & I swear the charge ring is only lit up 3/4 way (I used to get 25 mile range) but maybe the range is limited because just about every module was removed & replaced over the past 19 days...who knows - anyone else see this bizarro broken behavior with their car???

You may get some better responses on the Energi forum, but the 18 mile range doesn't surprise me with the cooler temperatures this time of year. However, the 3/4 charge sounds wrong, as does the whole thing about charging at the wrong time. I would re-check all the settings and give it another night before getting concerned.

The car sometimes forgets what to do (or maybe it does whatever it wants). I stopped using go-times when I found that the charger melted the outlet it was plugged into, but I found the car preheating itself as usual this morning despite the change in settings, so I re-set everything from scratch and am hoping for the best. I had a bad feeling when I heard that Sync runs under Microsoft Windows CE or whatever they call it now.

I plugged in my car around 5:30pm and I heard the typical latching then everything went to sleep. Fine. After I put the kids to bed I decided to log into myfordmobile to check on my car to see if everything was ok & I was shocked to see that it was at 95% charge! 

I don't have an Energi so I don't have an answer but I'm curious as to why you use the delayed charging method.  Do you have TOU metering?

I have read that if the battery is seriously depleted, even though you have it set for value charging it will charge immediately. I have a Fusion Energi so I suspect it is similar if not exactly the same as the C-max. I think I read if it was at 10% it will charge regardless of profile.

Hope this helps!

Peace,

Fr. Bill