GPS Malfunction

My GPS has been working fine for months since the upgrade.

Now, a new problem, not previously seen.  Started the car up, drove off with Nav screen on, but no destination inputted.  Immediately got a split screen, right side in black, with a message "No Freeway Exit or POI information available."  Entered a destination, same problem, although it did route me correctly.

Since this whole gizmo is somehow involved with Microsoft, I figured the solution was to reboot.  I pulled the SD map card, then reinserted it.  After it rebooted everything worked fine.  It's been several days and the problem hasn't reoccurred.

I don't believe that is a navigation system error. I believe you were just displaying one of the three view choices in the navigation system. The three options are 1) Full screen map, 2) Half map / half route listing, 3) Half map / half exit information. One of the buttons on the touch screen cycles through the three options.

If you were not on a highway/interstate, there was no exit information to display in that half of the screen. When traveling on the interstate that half of the screen shows the different lanes and what lane to be in when approaching an exit.

We drove out to Montana and back and not until a few days on the way back did I discover that the exit screen would tell me what facilities are at the next few exits off the Interstate, and that I could select an item, e.g., restaurant, it would set a route to the location.

Yes, Ford should at least make available manuals on the Internet detailing the features on MFT.