Houston trip

RachelnLa

We took a trip to Houston for my sons doctors appt. I was driving. The light was red and the train lights were blinking. My husband looks around and yells "go!" I gunned it. I knew he knew something I did not. Sure enough! The RR crossing arm was coming down and was about to hit my car. We got a good laugh after we were out of harms way.

My crazy GPS was another goof. I guess the updates did more than I thought. That blasted thing had us in the industrial area behind Houston. Dock 7?? Not in a part of town I wanted to be.

Traveling with my husband is always an adventure.

I got 39.1 mpg round trip. I drove there an d my husband drove back. He is a little heavier on the foot. My husband agreed the car handles well and the ride is good.

Tanks MTB. My post isn't very clear. I was very tired after a very eventful day.

I drive my car better under stres so I drove there and on the way back we got caught up in the 4:30 traffic. Once we were out of the traffic my husband took over. I don't like to drive at night.

We discovered on this trip we make a great team. Our son loved our antics and ribbing. At one point we found ourselves behind Houston- industrial docks? It was not a place you really wanted to be. I kept saying "this isn't good" I kept asking WHY the GPS wasn't putting us on the interstate. I soon realized the SETTINGS to avoid interstate. Etc. ack!!! Once we reached the interstate I saw signs for where I needed to go. My husband pats my shoulder and says "good job. I was praying for you". To which I retorted "what? Praying I don't KILL you??" Lolol

We survived. All is well. I am looking at having to return soon on my own. Ack. I will be checking those settings!!