Wash DC to Pittsburgh via Cumberland MD return via the PA Turnpike

catsailor

480 miles, 41.4 MPG on the cars computer (got to Fredrick MD on Yellow and filled up 30 miles shy of DC, did not want to chance it even though I took 12.4 gallons of fuel. Car was set at ECCO cruise the whole time at 65 mph. Any locals know that this trip goes through mountains we have here in the mid Atlantic and I was really happy with the power that the car displayed.

Forgot to add it was raining/drizzling and lights were on all the time due to heavy fog on the mountain tops. Windy and cold added to the formula. Everything a hybrid does not like :)

Gas Pods installed, and I was the only occupant with light luggage.

Nearing 20,000 miles on the car now

Do you recall the temperature range over the trip?

about 40F at sea level of close to it and 31F atop the mountains. The salt trucks were doing their thing in Somerset PA. I could hardly get warm air in the car because the engine was off and on de[pending on if I was climbing or descending. One heck of a car for sure. I used the electric seats when it got really cold out. Did I also say we had wind too :)