Santa came earlier today....

Jus-A-CMax

Its been a full week with Maxine and I am HAPPY TO REPORT she's as good as new. I cannot find any new fault with the car...even the odd quirks are still there, as oddly as I am happy to report.

My morning commute is city, going up to the low 70s MPG now even in the cold of winter with temps down to 30F and when I jump into the car its a cool 45-49 and she parked on the driveway now. Wifey has too much crap in my garage parking spot which she is going to clear out and I noticed that this has lowered the MPG somewhat with 0.06 burn instead of 0.03 or 0.04. It adds up. Coming home, its 1/3 city and the rest in the freeway but I am having to drive around the traffic. Ending the day in the high 50s MPG isn't too bad and temps remain around 49-50F when I return to the driveway. I forgot how sensitive this car is to the lower temps...

Also after 2 months, the LAPD report has finally came thru...cause of accident was the driver who rear ended me & another car due to his excessive speed and get this, arrested for dui influence...my atty is going to have a field day with this. I am still at the 99% range in my recovery and I still have tingling in my thumb and finger which was not there before the accident so no golf until this has subsided. It pains me to twirl my new 9.5 SLDR with the 60 x5ct s-flex Diamana Ahina ION shaft (specially mentioned for wab's semi-pro buddy) with my fingers. Both good & bad...cause I can't play but I can drool.

Came back from a break from this site for a while, and see this glorious news! Congrats. Jus! So glad she's back in your capable, loving hands!

Give her a hug for me, will ya? :)

I certainly did MadManMoon - Maxine was great, we took her on a 500+ return trip for vacation with the wifey and she performed like as if nothing happened. Mind you - this is AFTER the car had a major frame repair and rear passenger side suspension repair including a new tire (see my Betterment post above). She did not miss a beat and her steering is TRUE as I can remember before the accident.

Ford Body Works in Van Nuys did a TOP, TOP, TOP and AMAZING job. They also have a website: http://www.prideautobody.com/

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Came back from a break from this site for a while, and see this glorious news! Congrats. Jus! So glad she's back in your capable, loving hands!

Give her a hug for me, will ya? :)

What he said!

I left on year-end vacation, the day Maxine returned, so I missed the news. Reading new threads, I knew there'd be a "Maxine's Back" thread somewhere. Glad to hear the machine's been well repaired and back to normal. Now it's the driver's turn. I've had the tinglies come and go, and Peyton Manning's recovery is a well documented case of how slowly nerve damage heals,  but it does heal. 

At the same time, getting a new driver and visualizing long, straight drives on your favorite holes is a great way to stay on your game when you can't play, as long as you use the other clubs, too!

And congrats on Adam Scott's POY award!!

Have fun,

Frank

Hey Frank - thank you for such a heart felt warm welcome back. I am so guilty for my a$$ine behaviour end of last year so I apologize to you and Adair - you BOTH are GREAT FRIENDS, along with Brother Mike.

We took Maxine on a long ride for our famiy's Christmas vacation and even spruced her up with some self-made Grill Covers and the Pods. Suffice to say, if anyone can break things, its MOI. The grill covers caused an overheat warning on the Sherwin Grade climb. I posted this in one of the threads. End of the trip, the grill covers and pods helped somewhat but it was not my most stellar MPG numbers compared to what I was posting pre-13b07. I swear Ford gave us the > 62EV and took some other stuff away, netting an early loss in MPGs for us hypermilers. But I digress - Maxine was brilliant and I really enjoyed the 5 hr ride in her and so did my wife - like it was nothing changed. Boy, she can PACK A LOAD inside her...I look at all these teenie weenie Prii and they DO NOT compare, forget about the butt ugly Vee (NOTE to SELF: stop abusing the opposition).

The nerve shots are still there but improved a lot since I first reported it. Still going to the Chrio twice a week. I got such a beautiful driver for Christmas and it PAINS me to jus drool at it and not HIT IT. I still don't have the GO from my chiro to test my golf swing since thats part-n-nature of my life. Can't wait but I am patient...and trust me, it will be more patience to rebuild my 3 cap swing back again (good thing I got those G25 irons).

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Jus, I'm glad you and Maxine have been reunited, and that the relationship has picked up where it left off.  Good luck as you move forward.

I hope you are feeling as fantastic as Maxine looks!

Thanks Ron, its SO EXCITING to be driving Maxine again. There is NO rental car that drives like her and I jus totally enjoying my MPGs again. Mostly good MPGs and the worse case, its average. However, I must say, even with my self-made grill covers and Gas Pods, I am still below my better MPGs that I was seeing in the summer and pre-13b07.

It is what it is and I should not complain because its higher than what was stated by EPA. Also, now that I am starting my Mammoth trips again, I am still averaging 45MPG totals for the 560 mile round trip full loaded and elevation change of 500ft to 7,800ft and back again, I am over the moon. Yeah, not the 47 advertised but then again, they did not do a full load of the car and made her climb, did they  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I have been released medically last week. Phew. Now begins the fun stuff with talks with my attorney.

On the REAL fun part, I have tested my back & neck with a few rounds of golf. Scores suck but its good to be hitting balls again. My time away from the game allowed me to rethink my golf swing.

I decided to retool my golf swing for a more "up and down" swing versus the traditional "around" the body swing which is bad for the back due to the torquing. However, the impact position is the same BUT this new swing actually added more power & distance back to my game, and my irons are long once again and I am compressing the ball nicely.  I am almost a 9 iron 150 yards, damn ball drops like 146-148 yards on me since I hit it a mile high but I know I can tweak it lower. My old swing, that was a full on 8 iron.

I still feel some stiffness the next day though, something which I never had before the accident. The tingling in my right thumb and fingers is all but gone - that was a major worry for my treating doc. Any tingling at the ends of the extremeties is very, very bad news. I got lucky.