winter gas consumption with remote start

this is the first winter with my cmax.  this past 2 weeks were pretty cold here in toronto  (especially with snow and ice storm).  my cmax comes with remote start so i used it every morning.  every time is 15min duration.  Today i went to refuel and according to the computer i've used 27L of gas.  but the reading from the pump is 41L, a 14L difference!!!  seems like cmax only registered the gas consumption when the car is actually moving but NOT during remote start!  it was 16 days since last fuel up so it used approximately 1L/15 min remote start (at least under my condition).  

anyone has remote start?  have you experienced the same thing?  please share.  thanks.

ps: my remote start is oem remote start.  what if you have 3rd party remote start?  did your cmax registered the gas consumption on your 3rd party remote start?

I have long suspected that the C-Max only records gas consumed in moving the car because its estimate of gas used is somewhat less than what I actually pump. It has been off by as much as a gallon. Yet the unaccounted fuel seems to be reflected in its fuel economy display, making it possible to register 8 MPGe on a very short trip on a very cold day with the ICE running and the (electric) heat on full blast.

I have long suspected that the C-Max only records gas consumed in moving the car because its estimate of gas used is somewhat less than what I actually pump. It has been off by as much as a gallon. Yet the unaccounted fuel seems to be reflected in its fuel economy display, making it possible to register 8 MPGe on a very short trip on a very cold day with the ICE running and the (electric) heat on full blast.

i don't think it is totally true.  when i started (press the start/stop button) the car, even it sits and not moving, as soon as the ICE starts, the gas consumption will be registered on the computer.  ONLY not registered when it is remote start.  

anyone can double confirm?  (that's why i opened this post to see other has the same experience)

Edited by 666