Goodbye CMAX community! Thanks for everything!

Jmonty

I've decided to upgrade to a 2014 Escape, for the 4WD, space, and power of the 2.0 ecoboost.

Thank you all for the input along the way!

After about 18k miles I'm still mostly happy with my purchase. It was a good decision at the time, but in my opinion this hybrid is mostly suited for a warm, dry climate.

After a very bad experience on a snowy trip to Michigan from Colorado and back I just had to move on. I have to feel 100% safe in my vehicle, especially if I'm driving my baby girl around. (And wife I suppose).

It's little too fragile and sensitive for my tastes also. My wife smacked a curb at low speed and caused about $2k damage to the steering column, and if my insurance company had covered that I'd probably be fine with keeping my Maxine.

Hypermiling never interested me, but I did very much enjoy demonstrating the Cmax's superior power to many, many Prius owners!

For those interested I got only $17k trade in for my vehicle, originally offered $16k. SE with just white platinum paint and the panoramic roof for upgrades. Only issue was the stability control was inop due to the steering wheel being knocked out of alligment.

Goodbye Jmonty.  We'll miss you.  I quite like the Escape too.  I am with you in thinking a C-Max isn't optimal for snow country, and you live in Colorado so I think you are making a good decision.  Our next door neighbours love their Escape.  Check in after you have had the Escape for awhile and give us a review please.  Sorry for the trade-in value that you got, but I have done worse.  They say that is where car dealers make their money instead of from selling new cars. But it still hurts eh?

I've decided to upgrade to a 2014 Escape, for the 4WD, space, and power of the 2.0 ecoboost.

Thank you all for the input along the way!

After about 18k miles I'm still mostly happy with my purchase. It was a good decision at the time, but in my opinion this hybrid is mostly suited for a warm, dry climate.

After a very bad experience on a snowy trip to Michigan from Colorado and back I just had to move on. I have to feel 100% safe in my vehicle, especially if I'm driving my baby girl around. (And wife I suppose).

It's little too fragile and sensitive for my tastes also. My wife smacked a curb at low speed and caused about $2k damage to the steering column, and if my insurance company had covered that I'd probably be fine with keeping my Maxine.

Hypermiling never interested me, but I did very much enjoy demonstrating the Cmax's superior power to many, many Prius owners!

For those interested I got only $17k trade in for my vehicle, originally offered $16k. SE with just white platinum paint and the panoramic roof for upgrades. Only issue was the stability control was inop due to the steering wheel being knocked out of alligment.

Why didn't insurance cover it? Sorry to see you go, but 4WD is nice in snow country. :)

Paul

Why didn't insurance cover it? Sorry to see you go, but 4WD is nice in snow country. :)

Paul

Apparently I didn't have the correct coverage selected. ><

I had uninsured motorists and couldn't select collision so I assumed (mother of all F ups, right?) so I assumed, comprehensive covered that..

Well, we happen to have some good precipitation today and the escape handles wonderfully in the snow. Great power from a little 2.0L engine :D

Apparently I didn't have the correct coverage selected. ><

I had uninsured motorists and couldn't select collision so I assumed (mother of all F ups, right?) so I assumed, comprehensive covered that..

Well, we happen to have some good precipitation today and the escape handles wonderfully in the snow. Great power from a little 2.0L engine :D

My wife has the Explorer with the ECO boost 2L 4cylinder and have managed to close to 30mpg with on FWY. :)

Paul

• 3 weeks later...