Jumping a dead car?

bigalpha

I jumped my Nissan a few months ago with my C-Max.  I did nothing different than one would do with two non-hybrid vehicles other than turning the fans on in both vehicles as the owner's manual says to do to protect from power surges.

Instead of carrying a spare battery or a spare tire, I carry jumper cables and a tire patch kit in the rear floor compartment.  Given the C-Max battery / no-start issue, I believe the likelihood of me needing a boost is far greater than me having a blowout. 

So, underneath the driver's seat, you don't have 2 compartments under one lid?  I jam the jumper cables in the forward driver's seat compartment (lid is slightly bowed) and put a first aid kit in the aft compartment.  My tire plug kit is in the compartment under the passenger seat along with the C-Max tire kit / compressor. 

So, underneath the driver's seat, you don't have 2 compartments under one lid?  I jam the jumper cables in the forward driver's seat compartment (lid is slightly bowed) and put a first aid kit in the aft compartment.  My tire plug kit is in the compartment under the passenger seat along with the C-Max tire kit / compressor. 

I put my plug kit in the back hatch storage compartment above the 12v battery along with the scissor jack and tools to remove the wheel.  If the hole is on the inner side of the back tire, you'll most likely need to remove the tire to really get at it.  

I have the jumper cables in the drivers side floor compartment.   I haven't seen any damage reports here but in the Prius world getting the polarities wrong during a jump results in a lot of expensive damage as it fries some electronics.  BE CAREFUL!  Finding the negative post in the dark for the first time would be difficult.  Beforehand and in the daylight, get out the owners manual and review the process with any and all other drivers of the car.