Possible Ford Focus Energi

CassidyB

In my NRG, I see nearly 30 miles estimated EV range on nice days so it's possible the 25 miles in the Focus could stretchhhhhh out to nearly 40!  :rockon:

Personally, I'd rather like to see a Focus hybrid around the $20k level that would compete and, IMO, beat the prius c.  I test drove the Focus hatch three times when it first came out and found the platform to be very nice but it just didn't have enough room for me.   The CMax platform is better for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be up for it, but I do like the C-Max platform very much. I'm waiting to see what happens. I will be needing a new vehicle for myself in the next 2 years or so. A PHEV Focus is one option. Another option is getting a PHEV C-Max for the wife because it suits her driving habits better, and then me taking her HEV. The really crazy option is trading her HEV in on a C-Max Energi, and me getting a PHEV Focus. The only drawback I have on these vehicles is the storage space. It wouldn't be impossible for us to take everything we need to take to go visit my parents for the weekend, but it would make it more difficult. I don't like piling things up above the seats in the rear because I know that in the event of an accident- that stuff flies around. I'm sure that a Focus PHEV would have similar storage issues, so we'd want to keep the HEV C-Max for road trips even if it's really depressing to see low fuel economy numbers due to her short daily trips.