How do I get more photo space?

DaveofDurham

I wanted to include a photo with a post.  The photo was about 200KB.

Next to the "Attach this file" button I see, "You can upload up to 177.51KB of files (Max. single file size: 177.51KB)" - so apparently I have used up almost all of my photo capacity.

How do I get more photo space?  Do I need to clear out (delete) some of my old photos?  I have found several threads on how to include photos with a post, but nothing about what to do when you run out of photo space.

I use a free 3rd party site (photobucket but there are many others) so A) I have all my images in one easy to find location and B) I don't have to deal with constraints like you're encountering which can vary from forum to forum.  I learned this lesson the hard way when a forum server was hacked and lost all images.  

I use a free 3rd party site (photobucket but there are many others) so A) I have all my images in one easy to find location and B) I don't have to deal with constraints like you're encountering which can vary from forum to forum.  I learned this lesson the hard way when a forum server was hacked and lost all images.  

I'm not looking to store images - I do that on my computer, back up drives and free 3rd party sites.

I just want to include a photo with a post and I can't do it because the photo is 200KB and apparently I only have 177KB of space left on this forum.

Click the pull-down arrow next to your user ID in the upper right corner. Select "My Settings"

On the left side of the page, select "My Attachments." I only have 830K left myself... 5MB per user. Seems easy to delete things... may create threads with holes, though!

Have fun,

Frank

Click the pull-down arrow next to your user ID in the upper right corner. Select "My Settings"

On the left side of the page, select "My Attachments." I only have 830K left myself... 5MB per user. Seems easy to delete things... may create threads with holes, though!

Have fun,

Frank

Thanks.  "Manage Attachments" did the trick.  Now I am using less than 1 MB.

One of the weakest features of this web site is the frustration of dealing with pictures.  I really hope that someone fixes this.

In the end, try creating a Gallery.  Load the picture there, and then use the My Media button to insert into a post.

Scuba -

Thanks.  I will give that a try.  The photo I want to include with a post is for a reply to your photo of Slowpoke's new wheels in the The C-Max Bar thread.