New, Old member?

xSZYDx

Hey guys!

I signed up for this and was active when I first purchased my Cmax back in November of 2012. Well I haven't been around at all so I decided to give an update on how things are going!

I have a 2013 SE in Sterling Grey with 19,850 miles on it. It has been a very versatile car and have enjoyed driving it everyday. I have not done any mods besides limo tint and a de-badging. I use the car for my commuter and everyday car out here in the Phoenix valley.

I have a 30 mile each way commute to work and usually average around 48-50 mpg on the way there and around 40-42 on the way back. There is an elevation change of about 1000 feet which is why there is the mileage difference. About 70% of the commute is 2 lane highway then a 4 lane freeway. With the other 30% surface streets. I usually drive 65-75 on the highway and then the speed limit on the surface streets. Overall I am around 44mpg on a full tank based off the CPU. Average around 530-560 miles a tank.

The only issue I have had was my car just flat out dying at complete random. I would go in the garage to go to work and the car would be completely dead. No lights whatsoever as well as the power door locks will not work. Each time I've had to have roadside tow me to the dealer where they would charge it and test the battery. Each time the battery has come back as good!! The car would sit in the garage for 8 hours and be completely dead!! Happened three times so far. Thankfully this has not happened in the last 4 months.

His car has been amazing for road trips to California that I do about once every other month. Great ride and very comfortable. I really enjoy the power it has and I would even drive this car wen if it was not a hybrid. The truck I've found that works best for me is the pulse and glide technique. It has really helped me maintain a decent mpg.

Oh I also never received my goodwill payment yet.... Wondering where the hell that is...

Anyways if you have any questions fire away!!! Looking forward to being around again!!

Welcome back and thanks for the update. It sounds like you might want to do some reading on the battery, but definitely stick around for the other good stuff too. You will find that this forum has grown into a really nice community with lots of answers to all sorts of questions and some good fellowship.

... The only issue I have had was my car just flat out dying at complete random. I would go in the garage to go to work and the car would be completely dead. No lights whatsoever as well as the power door locks will not work. Each time I've had to have roadside tow me to the dealer where they would charge it and test the battery. Each time the battery has come back as good!! The car would sit in the garage for 8 hours and be completely dead!! Happened three times so far. Thankfully this has not happened in the last 4 months. ...

Oh I also never received my goodwill payment yet.... Wondering where the hell that is...

Hi xSZYDx,

I see you already found me and sent me a PM about your check. I responded to you. :) As far as the battery goes, let me know if you have any trouble in the future and I'll look into it.

Ashley