Article on Toyota Recall

LizM

When my husband read the article to me this morning, it did remind of a couple of C-Max incidents reported here early on in the forum.  People were getting a message to pull over now and had lost all power and had the crap scared out of them because of it.  We never did hear what the outcomes were on our incidents that I can recall. 

This is one of the incidents from SeattleRain in November 2012.  They were several others that sounded more serious as they happened on a freeway I think.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

One time while driving the car lost power, and said to pull the car over immediately in a safe place. Luckily we had a place to pull out close since we had no power. The yellow wrench came on and stayed on for a day. It was late Saturday afternoon and the dealership was closed, so I decided to turn the car 'off', wait a minute and turned it back on. After turning it back on, the car ran / worked fine. I am going to schedule to have it looked at by the shop hopefully this week.

So these incidents may be similar to the Prius software issues???  It is fun to have all the technology in our C-Maxes but it is scary too as the malfunctions can be pretty serious it seems.

Edited by Laurel