April '14 C-Max sales ...ouch

bro1999

I agree with some of the comments about Ford not marketing the C-Max now.  I suspect they are planning a re-launch with updated sheet metal.  Interestingly, the Escape outsells the C-Max by 10:1 YET they have almost the same dimensions, the interiors are identical and except for the nose they look very similar.  The Escape has a bit more interior and storage room and probably heavier duty underpinings.  In fact, I think the C-Max is really a hybrid version of a FWD Escape.

And they might even call it an Escape Hybrid...

I got my Cmax in part because a friend bought a used Escape Hybrid after her car was rear ended and totalled, and she was happy with it.  Better for hauling bikes around than her old Malibu, and better gas mileage. 

One thing that was interesting about the Fusion is that I could jump in it and run 2 miles to the store and back and get 35+.  Do that in a CMax and, as you know, you'll see around 20-25.

I am also clueless as to why your C Max would get < 25 mph on short trip.  I have never, ever gotten less than 30, even from a cold start.  I wonder in that 2 mile trip how much EV distance you work in?  My three-month average mph is 44.7  This includes a 900 mile road trip where I set the interstate cruising speed at 63.

One thing that was interesting about the Fusion is that I could jump in it and run 2 miles to the store and back and get 35+.  Do that in a CMax and, as you know, you'll see around 20-25.

I am also clueless as to why your C Max would get < 25 mph on short trip.  I have never, ever gotten less than 30, even from a cold start.  I wonder in that 2 mile trip how much EV distance you work in?  My three-month average mph is 44.7  This includes a 900 mile road trip where I set the interstate cruising speed at 63.

I would think the ICE ran the whole time. So the next trip you would get great mileage. :)

Paul