New C-MAX Owner

ApolloBeachRetiree

Just took delivery of a 2014 Sterling Gray/Tan leather SEL Hybrid for my wife. We traded her 2012 Focus Titanium from which she was finding it increasingly difficult to get in and out.

ApolloBeachRetiree,

Congrats on the new C-Max! I'm here to help with any questions or concerns you might have. Just let me know if you need me. :)

Ashley

One of the big reasons (pun intended) I traded in my volt for a CMax was room and the ingress/egress.   The best vehicle we've ever had for this was a Nissan Cube:  HUGE square door and bench style front seats made for super easy transitions in/out.  You may notice either very young or very old folks driving them!  LOL

Please post some pix of the interior / seats with dash as Id like to see how it looks with the 2 tone look that I dont like

We are pretty sure we will get terling grey one and I prefer the darker interior but wife may want tan but its so darn hard to stay clean

yes darker shows more dust but hides marks that are impossible to hide on lighter seats

will have to see one in person with both color options at the dealer before we make a decision

enjoy your new car and welcome

Just took delivery of a 2014 Sterling Gray/Tan leather SEL Hybrid for my wife. We traded her 2012 Focus Titanium from which she was finding it increasingly difficult to get in and out.

• 2 weeks later...

Please post some pix of the interior / seats with dash as Id like to see how it looks with the 2 tone look that I dont like

We are pretty sure we will get terling grey one and I prefer the darker interior but wife may want tan but its so darn hard to stay clean

yes darker shows more dust but hides marks that are impossible to hide on lighter seats

will have to see one in person with both color options at the dealer before we make a decision

enjoy your new car and welcome

I'll try to take some pix this weekend. The two tone dash is quite nice.

ApolloBeachRetiree,

Congrats on the new C-Max! I'm here to help with any questions or concerns you might have. Just let me know if you need me. :)

Ashley

Ashley, thanks. I was talking to Breanne in HQ service yesterday. She called to say good luck with our C-Max and to report that our part for the Focus had finally arrived. We waited over 4 months for a fuel pump. The Focus had an intermittent hard start problem that pointed to a bad fuel pump. I told the dealer about it when I traded it on the C-Max and they said they would take care of it.

Welcome and congratulations on your new C-Max.  I also traded a 2012 Ford Focus, could not stand the problems with the transmission, hated that car.

Our tech replaced the clutches last January. We had a very slight leak and an occasional harsh shift. Other than that, the trans was perfect. After the clutches and seals were replaced, it shifted even better - very smooth. My wife liked it except for the frustration of an occasional hard start and getting in and out.

Apollo thanks for posting the pix

i dont like the 2 tone look

we will see what the wifey says

took much of a contrast

how has it been for spills and dirt on the tan?

i suggest zymol leather cleaner if you have the money otherwise use Lexol leather cleaner and Leather conditioner (2 different bottles)

great stuff

Apollo thanks for posting the pix

i dont like the 2 tone look

we will see what the wifey says

took much of a contrast

how has it been for spills and dirt on the tan?

i suggest zymol leather cleaner if you have the money otherwise use Lexol leather cleaner and Leather conditioner (2 different bottles)

great stuff

You're welcome. No spills so far. I have both Zymol and Lexol in the garage. Got it covered.

Just purchased our Ruby Red SEL Cmax on Saturday. The first time I saw a red Cmax a year ago, it was love at first sight, and I had to find out more about it. Doing all of my research (much of it on this great site and searching out every review I could find), I knew I wanted one for the good mileage, great ride, and type of car. With almost 40 years driving, I have only owned one car with a trunk. My wife has been fighting getting one for the whole time. She kept complaining about the looks and the price. She finally gave in (I wore her down!), and when she drove it around the block after we got home, that is all it took. I think she was surprised on how it drove.  A co-worker has one and has driven her to work many times, and she was never impressed, but she never drove one. I love how it drives and wanted a car that could get good mileage (tired of the 20 MPG of our MPV van) and that would be comfortable on a long drive, and the CMax fit that bill. My wife even agrees with me that the red color actually makes the shape of the car look a lot nicer. In one day of ownership, she has gone from complaining about it to justifying the price to her parents. I have only driven 70 miles or so, 50 of them on the freeway (with low A/C on), but so far have seen MPG of between 42 and 44 MPG. I have been driving it very conservatively it and driving like an annoying Hybrid owner,  but for a car with no break in, I am thrilled, hoping to maintain that MPG and see it increase as the engine breaks in. I could not be more happy with how it drives, how quiet it is, and all of the features... even without knowing how to use all of the features, so far I have even enjoyed all of the much aligned Ford Touch. I will by buying an extended warranty at some point..... way too much hi tech that can go bad, and I know if something breaks, it will be expensive.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Many congratz Robfixit (you too A..B..R..) !!!  For doing all the research, understanding the car buying decision, following your mind, gut & heart combined !  You have made a great purchase - or at least we all hope you did for obvious reasons  :) .   We also started out in the 42-44 range and were ecstatic to see it continue to rise (although we cheat a lot in our driving patterns).  Great car for so many reasons - several you mentioned and many more..  Enjoy!

Still smitten,

nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

Welcome and congrats robfixit.Glad you were able to convince "the boss" to get it. Justify the price?? For what you get in a cmax you are actually getting bargain.  Most decent cars these days start at around $28-30k .  which trim level and package number did you get? What is your favorite feature? Have you read through the manual yet? Did the dealer teach you all about the car and walk you thru All the features to help you learn?

Have fun saving gas and money and having a blast at the same time.

Be sure to read the thread by Jus-a-CMax for all the insider tips and tricks to get the best mpg. Driving slow isn't always the best for maximum mpg. Counter intuitive.

See here

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1751-jus-another-cmax-review/

Edited by salsaguy