Lovely...I had not had one of these MFT issues: Audio Off & no SYNC

So today, I finally got my MFT to screw up by itself - it decided to turn the "Audio Off" by itself. As well, no SYNC through the paddle either and I was so enjoying my techno audio at the time. Even multiple cold restarts did NOTHING. It took a Master Reset and an extended cold start to "reboot" the MFT.

TO be fair, MFT has been pretty stable since mid 2013. Seriously, no issue whatsoever until it puked today.

*sigh* I really hated Microsoft at that moment.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

So today, I finally got my MFT to screw up by itself - it decided to turn the "Audio Off" by itself. As well, no SYNC through the paddle either and I was so enjoying my techno audio at the time. Even multiple cold restarts did NOTHING. It took a Master Reset and an extended cold start to "reboot" the MFT.

TO be fair, MFT has been pretty stable since mid 2013. Seriously, no issue whatsoever until it puked today.

*sigh* I really hated Microsoft at that moment.

I haven't had any problems since the last update.

I thought I read that Ford claimed responsiblity for MFT and Microsoft wasn't really at fault?

@weebee 3.6.2 I checked the syncmyride and theres no more updates to my MFT at present.

@sdm. *sigh* exactly :drop:

@zhackwyatt could be but all I saw was the Microsoft logo and went ballistic in my mind. However, a few deep breaths, I calmed down and thought, I had a good run. Crap happens. It's back to normal, well almost, it seems to take forever to "index" and "build command". I use my thumb drive a lot with playlists et al. Abd radio too. Given up on Sirius, waste of money.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Jus, sorry to hear of the issue.  My MFT/Sync had some learning issues, after having sat mostly unused for 4+ months.  Kept re-indexing USB, not responding to voice commands as it formerly did.  

I think I am back to more normal now.

I did read that Ford was dumping their Windows CE based systems with a move toward a Blackberry based system.  Not sure if that is a good long term choice, but the interface may still be around for a while?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-22/ford-said-to-swap-blackberry-s-qnx-for-microsoft-in-sync-system.html

@weebee 3.6.2 I checked the syncmyride and theres no more updates to my MFT at present.

From a post from Bill-N, there is an updated dealer-install-only update that came out last week.

It is supposed to address frozen radios.

May 29 2014 4984 -2013-2014 C-MAX - Frozen Or Delayed Update Of Radio Station Display

Some 2013-2014 C-MAX vehicles may exhibit an intermittent concern while changing radio stations. The station changes but the screen display does not reflect the station change. The screen may eventually display the correct frequency or channel after a few minute delay. This may occur on FM, AM bands and/or Sirius channels. To correct the condition reprogram the Audio Control Module (ACM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 90.04 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com. For warranty claiming use causal part 19C107, and use the applicable 12651D labor operations in Section 10 of the SLTS Manual for the vehicle.