Got mine!! YEEHAW!!

My Red SEL is a little over a week old. it is my first American car I have ever owned, and so far I am loving it.  I read all of the tips and watched lots of videos, and they really helped. I am happily getting over 40mpg (90% freeway with about 500 miles on it, at least per the computer....had to add a couple of gallons on the way home, just to be safe, but I should know for sure my mileage when I fill up this week). Even my wife, with a little coaching, was getting well over 40mpg on the freeway! (the one who said I was nuts to buy the car, but commented on the trip yesterday how nice it is to drive and how quiet it is).  I cannot wait to see what mileage we will get when the engine is broken in! I did not expect to be getting the EPA mileage right off the bat, but when I consider the mix of Freeway, am probably beating it. I really found the Eco cruise helped a lot, but it cannot be used all the time with crazy CA drivers, especially when the traffic gets heavy. I have been very gentle on it and have not tested how much power it has, as I want to baby it at least for the first 1000 miles of break in. Enjoy your new toy. I know I sure am!