Car died again

reedmother

This happened to me in September, 2013.  Car died on the interstate on the way to the airport that time. Well, it did it again today. I was just getting off the interstate and it gave one big jolt then the same message came on: "Find a safe place to stop". This car has 11,000 miles on it. (2013 SEL)  Both times if was was interstate driving with the AC on. I don't use the interstate or the AC that much here in Vermont.  I called roadside assistance, my husband and the dealer. Roadside sent a tow truck, my husband picked me up and the dealer will drive down a loaner to my house.  They have been great, by the way - Twin State Ford of St. Johnsbury, VT.  It's the car I've lost faith in.

The first time this happened I kept trying to it drive again, but that didn't work. This time, I decided to try it again after it had sat for 15 minutes and it didn't give me the message again. I only drove about 1/4 mile to test it out.  But, I didn't dare keep going with it, so back to the shop it will go, where they will run all kinds of "diagnostics" with it.  There are updates to install I'm sure.  Maybe they will even fix the clock!

Oh yeah, mine was the car that came installed with AC that didn't work originally.  That was ordeal to get fixed. They had to buy some $3000 machine to even diagnose the problem.

I talked to the General Manager and told him I can't have this happen. I love everything about the car except the clock not working and it's turning radius - and the breaking down problem.  Should I demand another one?  Or should I jump ship and get a cheap Focus?

This happened to me in September, 2013.  Car died on the interstate on the way to the airport that time. Well, it did it again today. I was just getting off the interstate and it gave one big jolt then the same message came on: "Find a safe place to stop". This car has 11,000 miles on it. (2013 SEL)  Both times if was was interstate driving with the AC on. I don't use the interstate or the AC that much here in Vermont.  I called roadside assistance, my husband and the dealer. Roadside sent a tow truck, my husband picked me up and the dealer will drive down a loaner to my house.  They have been great, by the way - Twin State Ford of St. Johnsbury, VT.  It's the car I've lost faith in.

The first time this happened I kept trying to it drive again, but that didn't work. This time, I decided to try it again after it had sat for 15 minutes and it didn't give me the message again. I only drove about 1/4 mile to test it out.  But, I didn't dare keep going with it, so back to the shop it will go, where they will run all kinds of "diagnostics" with it.  There are updates to install I'm sure.  Maybe they will even fix the clock!

Oh yeah, mine was the car that came installed with AC that didn't work originally.  That was ordeal to get fixed. They had to buy some $3000 machine to even diagnose the problem.

I talked to the General Manager and told him I can't have this happen. I love everything about the car except the clock not working and it's turning radius - and the breaking down problem.  Should I demand another one?  Or should I jump ship and get a cheap Focus?

You didn't say what they did the first time to fix it. Personally I would have driven it to the Dealer and left it there if it would go that far. It would have saved you time getting a tow truck. It is amazing how many times turning off and turning back on fixes problems and there are no codes to check. It will be interesting to see what they come up with and the solution. :)

Paul

I don't know what they did the first time. Some hocus pocus about re-progamming something or other. They have the records there. 

It's all magic. LOL That explains everything, someone is hexing some of our CMAX's so FORD needs to put a good spell on our CMAX's to protect them. I can't imagine I'm the first to think of this. LOL :future: :lol2: :lol:

Paul

It's all magic. LOL That explains everything, someone is hexing some of our CMAX's so FORD needs to put a good spell on our CMAX's to protect them. I can't imagine I'm the first to think of this. LOL :future: :lol2: :lol:

Paul

"Welcome to Hogwarts Ford!"

"We're exceedingly proud of our dealership at Kings Cross Station, just off Exit 9 3/4 on the New Age State Thruway"

"Our Service Manager and all Service Department employees have taken advanced training in the Dark Arts of EV, HEV, and PHEV diagnosis and repair."

"We also specialize in servicing older and imported Fords, such as Ford Cortinas with a history of flying…"  ;)

S

"Welcome to Hogwarts Ford!"

"We're exceedingly proud of our dealership at Kings Cross Station, just off Exit 9 3/4 on the New Age State Thruway"

"Our Service Manager and all Service Department employees have taken advanced training in the Dark Arts of EV, HEV, and PHEV diagnosis and repair."

"We also specialize in servicing older and imported Fords, such as Ford Cortinas with a history of flying…"  ;)

So I'm assuming  if you get your CMAX worked on there your can expect no problems in the future.LOL There must be a long line of cars waiting to be worked on. :lol: :lol2:

Paul

Edited by ptjones

I'm happy to help, reedmother. Send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see how I can help.

Ashley