Double-Take: Energi joins our C-Max family

roninsd

My partner was thinking of buying a new Escape.  We had also seen an ad for a 3 year lease on a 2014 Energi: $195/mo.  What a deal!

We went to test drive the Escape.  He liked it, but wasn't thrilled.  We test drove the Energi (even though he had driven my C-Max several times), and with an OTD price of $230ish/month, we went with the Energi - Ice Storm.

When we were signing the papers, the salesman mentioned that the price in the ad was actually a mistake: they were losing a couple thousand on the deal, which I believe!  But they would honor the ad price.   Rarely do we get that lucky -- it's nice that it happened with this car!  His payment is lower than I pay for my 2013 C-Max.

So far, so good.  Everything works as it should.  

So now there are two C-Maxi in the driveway (well, one in the garage).  One problem, my C-Max is now the "old" car, and so got kicked out of the garage.  So be it!  They look great together.  Now I'll have to start another membership on the Energi Forum.

I wish your dealer was my dealer.   A day after the sale I found an internet ad for my car (even included serial #) for $500 less than I paid.  They refused to refund the difference, claiming they had given me too much on the trade-in and that I got a great deal already.

I wish your dealer was my dealer.   A day after the sale I found an internet ad for my car (even included serial #) for $500 less than I paid.  They refused to refund the difference, claiming they had given me too much on the trade-in and that I got a great deal already.

That sucks, but were you really surprised by their response?

My father was shopping for a car 30 years ago - was looking at a Mercury Marquis advertised for $9.999.00 - he told the salesman he wanted to wait until the next week in case there were any Washington's Birthday sales.  He was told there would be no reduction on that car.  Sure enough, the exact same car was advertised for $50 less a few days after my father paid $9,999.  He asked for and was just as successful as you in getting a refund for the difference.

Frankly, there may be some validity to what they told you - if the sale price of the car was $500 less, ir could be that they would offer you $500 less for trade in

Good points.  I wasn't surprised.  

The main thing that annoyed me is that I printed off that internet ad and it was on my office desk.  If I had brought it in that day, they would have sold it to me at that price otherwise I would have walked out.

But at the end of the day I got a great car and a decent trade in value.

My partner was thinking of buying a new Escape.  We had also seen an ad for a 3 year lease on a 2014 Energi: $195/mo.  What a deal!

We went to test drive the Escape.  He liked it, but wasn't thrilled.  We test drove the Energi (even though he had driven my C-Max several times), and with an OTD price of $230ish/month, we went with the Energi - Ice Storm. ... So now there are two C-Maxi in the driveway (well, one in the garage).  One problem, my C-Max is now the "old" car, and so got kicked out of the garage.  So be it!  They look great together.  Now I'll have to start another membership on the Energi Forum.

roninsd,

Congrats to you and your partner on the new car! I'm here to help if you have any questions or concerns. I'm over on the Energi forum, as well. :)

Ashley