Trip Log, DC to Painesville OH

Marc Smith

Did a small weekend trip to Painesville OH this week,

909.2 total miles

20.9 gallons pumped

just did a 0w20 oil change and bumped the tires up to 45 psi.

outbound set the eco cruise at 60 and camped out inthe right lane, and tried to hold around 65 on the way home.  had about 50 miles of "around town" type driving

on the highway outbound  my indicated fuel use was 11.32  but I pumped 12.31 gallons...

coming home  when I topped off the tank  it was 8.4 indicated but I pumped 8.6

43.5 mpg...not too bad IMO

Withthe tires at 45  it wasn't uncomfortable,  but expansion joints and cracks were noticable...

Wish the armrest on the right was a bit longer...

Edited by Marc Smith

Sounds pretty decent (smart shopping) Marc. (delayed   :clapping: for the astute purchase)  What kind of weather, load......  We tend to get in the 44-48 range ECO cruising those speeds with fare weather (40-70) and traveling light.  Yes the pump / gauge diff tends to be irritating.  I've inched our PSI up to 45 as well, but probably not further.  That would put you up to what 13-14k miles?  (Crossing fingers for you on the used aspect of your purchase)  We will likely aero mod a skosh in the future to bump up our coolest weather driving. 

Still breaking in here,

Nick,

(PS  BTW Marc,  I've seen used SELs on dealer lots still going for 25k+ish.  Saw one loaded SEL on Craigs list Seattle, private party, now at 23k.  IOW, you did very well!)

Edited by C-MaxSea

probably closer to 13K miles..

it was cloudy, 60's over cast and some rain heading north for the first half of the trip.  coming home was sunny and mid 70's

I was by myself,  but had an easy up, chair, folding table, one of my model boats, clothes, tools, extra 12v battery, cooler, ice, beverages.

probably 2-300lbs of gear

from Dc to Ohio.  there are a few hills to cross... which probably explains some of the lower mpg numbers...

I love the eco cruise...