Electric Cars' Secret Advantage

I can confirm the conclusion of this article - electric cars, e.g. the Energi, are just nice to drive - quiet and smooth. I love mine and feel a little sorry for those still driving ICE vehicles with regular transmissions. http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1075727_electric-cars-secret-advantage-theyre-just-nicer-to-drive

Plug-in electric cars are now on sale from several carmakers, and their sales will rise slowly over the next decade.

Right now, most of the marketing for those electric cars focuses on green themes or cost savings on the gasoline drivers don't have to buy.

But there's one factor no electric-car maker has yet used to market cars powered by electric motors:

They're just nicer and more fun to drive.

Edited by ArizonaEnergi

I can confirm the conclusion of this article - electric cars, e.g. the Energi, are just nice to drive - quiet and smooth. I love mine and feel a little sorry for those still driving ICE vehicles with regular transmissions. http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1075727_electric-cars-secret-advantage-theyre-just-nicer-to-drive

Unless you grew up in the muscle-car era of the 1960's and early 70's as I did. I still find my inner teenager grinning from ear to ear with tire-shredding burnouts, lightning-fast shifts to get a chirp from the tires with each upshift, and the throaty roar of a finely-tuned ICE multi-hundred-horsepower Ford V-8 filtered through glass packs to be "nice".

So yeah, I do consider all that mechanically-induced hydrocarbon-producing chaos to be music to my ears. 

And I ALSO truly appreciate the quiet serenity of driving our C-MAX in EV mode.

Edited by kostby

You got that right!  I would have loved an Energi, would like full electric, but for now I'm addicted to the no-shift drivetrain in the C-Max. No up-shifting, down-shifting, double-clutching whatever!  Of course EV is even better.

So yeah, I do consider all that mechanically-induced hydrocarbon-producing chaos to be music to my ears. 

I suppose any sound you like could be synthesized and pumped through the audio system!  Then program the electric motor to give an extra "kick" every 10 mph or so!  Shucks, you could download the "sound and furry" of any car you like - real or imagined.  Or a horse and buggy - with voice control to-boot.  Gee - Haw - whoa Nelly....

I'd prefer an F15!