2013 C-Max has been in the shop TEN TIMES!

We ordered a C-Max in December of 2012 and it has been nothing but trouble since we drove it off the lot.  I love it, but I'm thinking about asking the dealer to keep it.  There's a 2014 on the lot in the same color, and I'm so tempted to trade my 2013 to see if we'd fare any better with the 2014.  

I can overlook the plastic beauty panels meant to cover the bolts where the seats are fastened to the floor falling off, and the cargo netting disintegrating the first time I tried to stuff something in there, and I can overlook one or possibly two safety recalls, but this car stranded us in the middle of nowhere in Tennessee last year when the power steering went out for no discernible reason, and now it's getting a new transmission after starting to make a high-pitched whining noise in a funeral procession.  It's got 20,000 miles on it, for Pete's sake.  It shouldn't be this unreliable.

We ordered a C-Max in December of 2012 and it has been nothing but trouble since we drove it off the lot.  I love it, but I'm thinking about asking the dealer to keep it.  There's a 2014 on the lot in the same color, and I'm so tempted to trade my 2013 to see if we'd fare any better with the 2014.  

I can overlook the plastic beauty panels meant to cover the bolts where the seats are fastened to the floor falling off, and the cargo netting disintegrating the first time I tried to stuff something in there, and I can overlook one or possibly two safety recalls, but this car stranded us in the middle of nowhere in Tennessee last year when the power steering went out for no discernible reason, and now it's getting a new transmission after starting to make a high-pitched whining noise in a funeral procession.  It's got 20,000 miles on it, for Pete's sake.  It shouldn't be this unreliable.

1acyd,

Is your C-Max currently experiencing a transmission concern? If so, send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, and dealer info. I'll see how I can help.

Ashley

Hi 1acyd,

I feel for you.  Such a nice vehicle to drive and ride in but so many problems!  I was spending more time at the dealer's service department than I care to tell you.  After recalls, service updates, a dead battery, and more recalls announced, I decided it wasn't worth my time.  I traded my 2013 C-Max SE in for a different model 2014 Ford.  In all honesty and not to be nasty, I have to wonder what effect all these problems will have on the value of the C-Max.  Something to consider.

Don