Re-call 14S04 Delay in safety canopy deployment in roll-over

We just got a letter for this re-call, and I am not sure if you all have discussed this one?  "A software concern may cause a delay in the deployment of the safety canopy in certain roll-over circumstances, potentially increasing risk of injury".

"The time need is less than 1/2 day, but the dealership may need to keep it longer.  Call your dealer without delay and request recall 14S04."

We just sold our house and we move in less than 14 days so I hope to delay this for a month.  I will try my best to avoid any roll-over type scenarios in the mean time. 

Laurel, I took Jelly in for an oil change on Friday and they did the recall at the same time. Drop off about 7:30 am, Pick up about 9 am, with both done. The only inconvenience (MINOR) that I can see is my favorite places now have to be reset, and my new tank of +49 mpg dropped dropped dramatically to 25, but it's all good. I'm back to 45 now :)

Laurel, I took Jelly in for an oil change on Friday and they did the recall at the same time. Drop off about 7:30 am, Pick up about 9 am, with both done. The only inconvenience (MINOR) that I can see is my favorite places now have to be reset, and my new tank of +49 mpg dropped dropped dramatically to 25, but it's all good. I'm back to 45 now :)

If you want good MPG's don't let the dealer have your car.LOL :lol: :lol2: :drop:

Paul

I received the recall letter this past Wednesday and was able to get an appt on Thursday afternoon...it took about a 1/2 hour.  But, I've noticed that my Trip1 view no longer shows the AVG MPG or Gallons Used, while it did in the past.

Anyone else noticed this?

I received the recall letter this past Wednesday and was able to get an appt on Thursday afternoon...it took about a 1/2 hour.  But, I've noticed that my Trip1 view no longer shows the AVG MPG or Gallons Used, while it did in the past.

Anyone else noticed this?

Interesting. Perhaps another reason why I'm not in a big hurry to have this done.

As a side note, I have seen one rollover accident live. We were stopped at a traffic light in Phoenix and coming from our right to left on the cross street was a car about 10' in the air. How it got into that position and how the occupants fared I never found out. But there it was.

Edited by ArizonaEnergi