MFT won't play albums in proper order

Oh, and one more thing about this -- with Gracenote features off, indexing takes only seconds, instead of minutes (on my 10K worth of 50GB of music the whole process, indexing AND building commands, was less than two minutes, whereas it took at least 9 or 10 minutes with Gracenote on).

With Gracenote turned off it will play in track order -- that information is contained in the MP3 "tag" (which is embedded information and has nothing to do with either the song title nor the file name -- IOW, you could have a song file called "11 This is my song.mp3" and the title information tag embedded says "03 My Song" but the track embed says "8" and that track will be played in position 8 on the album).

Sometimes it's a bit confusing knowing where all the tags are written, which is why I recommend you use something like Media Monkey (free software for the PC) to organize your files (iTunes will do it but NOT transparently and it's also very bad at handling Album Art, some of which it embeds and other which it keeps in an internal database, so it cannot be exported to a portable device).