New 2014 Ruby Red Charcoal Cloth C-Max SE Here

RobMax

Hey all. I just picked up our family's first new car today and am having a blast so far. We're coming from an 08 Escape Hybrid so it's a night/day difference in build quality, handling, NVH, etc. Just took it for some quick local errands in 70* weather and averaged 51mpg over the 5 miles or so, way better than the 32mpg I can normally squeeze out of the FEH. You'll likely see me around here learning all I can, and I'll hopefully learn enough to contribute something eventually. Till then I'll try to keep the oft-asked/answered questions to a minimum. My Dad was a mechanic for over 40yrs and taught me everything I know, and since I'm naturally inquisitive, if all goes well I'll be here quite awhile to share and learn.

I'm also on the SVTPerformance.com forum since I'm also into muscle and speed, another reason I gravitated toward the C-Max and not a puny Prius. I had an 04 Mystichrome Cobra 'vert for awhile and loved it, so I can love both ends of the spectrum.

Rob

Congrats! This is our first hybrid and this site has been helpful. The only problem is, it's my Wife's car and I don't get to drive it very much!

LOL, yeah same with me. I bought the Max knowing it would be a huge improvement over the FEH, but it's technically the wife's car and we'll see limited bennies with her driving style. Still though, I can't wait to drive the darn thing whenever we have errands to run.

Congrats and welcome.  

I also come from a mechanical background and I think that is part of what I like in this car.  Driving it is a lot of fun although my drives have been limited to test drives so far.  Getting one overnight on Monday to try.  Looking forward to getting behind the wheel of one again.  I also am looking at the SE.  

Have fun with it.   

Congrats! Funny story, I went to the Ford store for a Focus ST and left with a C-Max -- the oomph is that good. (Mine's a 2013--the 2014 has a little taller gearing for better MPG, but I'm sure it's still a quick little machine.)

I have this fantasy that someone releases a chip to unleash the other 50 system HP, and the Koni FSBs apparently available for the German model also fit ours, and several of us build the world's unlikeliest hot hatches.

Let the hot-rodding begin! Where are the 'Lowest C-MAX MPG Achieved' and 'Best 1/4 Mile ET and Speed' threads?

The Atkinson-cycle horsepower and torque peaks are about opposite of the electric traction motor peaks for good reason, but if you simply add up the maximum HP ratings of both, the total is about 250HP, not 188HP as listed in the specs. I would guess that the eCVT would be one of several weak links in a 'performance' C-MAX.

If we could get FordSocial on board for some regional C-MAX owner meets, maybe we could have them include Track Day too!  :drool:

My wife would just love :love_shower: to see me burn $1000 worth of ecologically-friendly Michelin Green-X tires into clouds of smoke and rubber dust with her C-MAX!

Edited by kostby

LOL, great thread ideas! Highest Trap Speed! Lowest Elapsed Time!

What I'd like to see is the tuning community be able to tweak these things to either improve the mileage, or the power, or the whatever, like what I see on the Cobras, Shelbys, ecoboost engines, etc.

LOL, great thread ideas! Highest Trap Speed! Lowest Elapsed Time!

What I'd like to see is the tuning community be able to tweak these things to either improve the mileage, or the power, or the whatever, like what I see on the Cobras, Shelbys, ecoboost engines, etc.

Hmm... A Shelby C-max GT350? That would be interesting. (My father in law has a '65 Shelby which is a SWEET ride). Sounds like something for the photoshop wizards, lol.

Let the hot-rodding begin! Where are the 'Lowest C-MAX MPG Achieved' and 'Best 1/4 Mile ET and Speed' threads?

The Atkinson-cycle horsepower and torque peaks are about opposite of the electric traction motor peaks for good reason, but if you simply add up the maximum HP ratings of both, the total is about 250HP, not 188HP as listed in the specs. I would guess that the eCVT would be one of several weak links in a 'performance' C-MAX.

If we could get FordSocial on board for some regional C-MAX owner meets, maybe we could have them include Track Day too!  :drool:

My wife would just love :love_shower: to see me burn $1000 worth of ecologically-friendly Michelin Green-X tires into clouds of smoke and rubber dust with her C-MAX!

Amigo, I've driven a car with 250 horsepower and my C-max, God bless her, isn't that car.   But hey, if anyone wants to put a K&N air filter and a Flowmaster muffler on their hybrid, all the power to them :)