Hello!

RaPieR

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to this community. I just purchased a candy blue C-Max SEL on October 29th and I've already racked up 300 miles with the C-Max.

Absolutely love the tech features on the car, although I am still a little disappointed with the initial highway mileage of the vehicle.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to this community. I just purchased a candy blue C-Max SEL on October 29th and I've already racked up 300 miles with the C-Max.

Absolutely love the tech features on the car, although I am still a little disappointed with the initial highway mileage of the vehicle.

Hello, what is your highway mileage?

I have an 18 mile commute to work one way. It usually has a moderate amount of traffic so I usually set the C-Max to cruise at 65 and often have to cancel to 60 because of the traffic. I usually get 42MPG based on the end of trip computer.

I just finished a 27 mile trip this evening almost all highway at 65, dash reported 43.5MPG

I have ECO cruise and EV+ enabled.

Thats not really too bad, my average is still under 42mpg - maybe 50/50 city/hwy. It actually got a pretty big boost from 40mpg average recently with quite a lot of highway driving. I did notice that it makes a difference if you are behind a big rig or a high profile vehicle (not tailgating of course). Somebody else here also noted the same thing. Plus if you are not in a hurry (and behind a truck) you may be able to hang back enough to use EV sometimes, in moderate traffic that may be difficult though.

You may actually do better without the CC if you are canceling it often - to take advantage of the EV mode more effectively. I'd suggest using the "empower" display to see how much overhead you have left in EV when you are in that mode.

I have an 18 mile commute to work one way. It usually has a moderate amount of traffic so I usually set the C-Max to cruise at 65 and often have to cancel to 60 because of the traffic. I usually get 42MPG based on the end of trip computer.

I just finished a 27 mile trip this evening almost all highway at 65, dash reported 43.5MPG

I have ECO cruise and EV+ enabled.

That's decent mileage. I just completed a 200 mile trip in my Passat TDI at 75 mph and avg 40mpg. Diesel is .60 more per gallon than regular at the station I filled.

The electric motor is rated to run up to 62 mph. After that I think it is just gas motor running. Maybe experiment with cruise set to 62 or less and see what you get.

I read some tips from people with Prius or hypermilers and one of the consensus on those forums was to minimize EV mode as much as possible for the most mileage, but that seems to be opposite for the C-Max. I've had the best results MPG wise by trying to run on electric as much as possible without draining the battery past 25%.

Also, I don't know if my speedometer is off but I've been able to cruise in EV mode at 64MPH on a fairly straight part of highway. It might have had the slightest incline.

Edited by RaPieR