Maximis is admired

Kelleytoons

So this morning I made a brief run to get Maximis ready for tomorrow (DW and I are heading out for our first major trip with it, about 2 1/2 hours to the Fiesta Key beach).  On my first stop I came out of the store to find a man and his wife loading stuff into the back of their newish SUV and before I could get in he stopped me and asked me who made the hybrid I was driving, as it was *very* stylish and pretty.  I explained about it and he went on to say how much he admired Ford as a company but had never heard of this car.  He said Ford ought to advertise it more, because if he had known about it he might have bought one.

After getting gas I stopped at the hardware store and ran into an acquaintance of mine and we exchanged pleasantries.  I knew Bob was into cars (he's actually working after retirement just to afford his hobby of buying old ones to fix them up and tinker around with them) and I told him about our new purchase (as a rule I don't mention it to my friends because I find, like me, that talking about your new car is a bit like hearing mom's talk about their new babies -- yes, they are very cute, but they basically all look like Alfred Hitchcock and who wants to see pictures of that?).  He wanted to come out to see it so we left the store and he got in both to the driver's side as well as passengers (because he wanted to know what it was like in back).  He immediately said how easy it was to get in and out of -- he liked that a lot -- and admired the color (Ice Storm) quite a bit. 

Bob said he sees a lot of these in our area and while I would be skeptical of anyone else who said that he IS into cars and is very observant.  He also puts a lot of miles on the road (his job is driving folks around) so it's quite possible he's right.  I've only seen one other in the six weeks I've had the C-Max, so perhaps I'm not driving in those same areas, or just not looking right.

All of this in less than an hour and it was a *wonderful* day <g>.

Kelleytoons, glad you were able to get someone to inquire about your Maximis or be interested enough to talk with you.  Around here CMaxes are all over the roadways, I see more than Prius lately.  I can't get anyone to talk with me or at least give a thumbs up when I gesture to them in passing.  People I guess just see it as a way to get around economically. It's just a car the wife tells me.

Well, that's good in its own way, Brother Mike (since I'm "Mike" as well we are truly brothers :>).  It's great the car is being sold in such numbers. 

And as my friend says, apparently that is true even in this area, although I wouldn't know it.  I related in another thread a month or so ago that I stopped at an auto parts store early on to get some stuff for Maximis and the auto parts guy asked me what I was driving as he had never seen it before and he went outside to take a look as well.  I figure HE must have seen a lot of vehicles and for him to want to come out and look at mine was fairly interesting to me.

We definitely have a lot of Prius owners here, as I see THEM all the time.  I'd love to pull up next to another C-Max owner sometime, though.  Where I live everyone waves at everyone else just walking around, so I'm sure if I ever see another owner in a vehicle they'll at least wave at me.