Problems connecting iPhone4 with ios 8.0.2

My wife has an iPhone5 and I have an iPhone4.  Both are synced with our C-Max.  Her phone is the favorite.

Before we upgraded to ios 8, our phones would always connect with no problem.  Since we upgraded to ios 8 and then to 8.0.2, my phone will only connect if I make it the favorite.  Her phone connects automatically both when chosen as the favorite and when not chosen as the favorite.  If my phone is not the favorite, then it will not connect automatically and it will not connect manually (sync can't find my phone and eventually gives up).  I have tried removing and resyncing my phone, but nothing changed. 

I don't know if this is a MFT problem, phone problem or ios 8.0.2 problem.

Even before 8.0 our two iPhones (at the time a 4s and a 3g) would not connect automatically except for the favorite.  8.0x has not changed that -- my phone (the favorite, the 4s) still connects automatically and my wife's (not) will connect when she chooses it on the screen.

She has the iPhone 6 and it works the same way -- still will not connect automatically but will when you select it from the list.  My understanding is that this is how Sync works (which is to say you can only have one phone that connects automatically).  However, I do know folks have reported issues with 8.0x and certain auto makers (and Ford is one of them) so it's possible that's what is happened to you.  You can try resetting your system and see if it will then at least connect to both of your phones but I'm guessing there is going to be little any of us can do about this issue (it's most likely going to have to be resolved at the Apple level).

With ios 8 if I make my phone the favorite then my phone connects automatically and (when my phone is not present) my wife's phone connects automatically.  Pre ios 8 with my wife's phone as the favorite her phone would always connect automatically and (when her phone was not present) my phone would sometimes connect automatically.

I may try a system reset.  I will have to read up on how to do it.