fixed my front end clunking on my own........

Recumpence

Hey guys,

After bringing my car in and being told the front end clunking noise I was experiencing required struts, strut plates, and swaybar links for $850, I decided to look into it myself. After some messing around, I found the right side swaybar link was rattling. I ordered it online for $18 and spent all of 25 minutes installing it. Problem fixed!

I am a happy camper.

Matt

Hey guys,

After bringing my car in and being told the front end clunking noise I was experiencing required struts, strut plates, and swaybar links for $850, I decided to look into it myself. After some messing around, I found the right side swaybar link was rattling. I ordered it online for $18 and spent all of 25 minutes installing it. Problem fixed!

I am a happy camper.

Matt

Matt shouldn't that have covered under warranty?  Or is that not covered?

Not crunching, clunking.

A couple guys here have had front end noises with far fewer miles than mine. So, this thread was meant for them. I wanted people to know not all noises are major problems.

Matt

Thanks Fixed it. It must be from the accident? No problems from my accident yet. Knock on wood. :)

Paul

• 4 years later...

My 2018 titanium is now suffering from similarly bad strut braces that are now clunking.  Just had both replaced on our 2017 energi cmax and now our 2018 is suffering the same.  This is annoying because I thought FORD has upgraded this part a couple years ago.  

Ugh,

Greg

My front sway bar links were replaced at 35k under warranty, and I replaced the rear ones shortly after (out of warranty, but the parts are cheap).  They made a little drum-roll rattle noise, especially noticeable going over small bumps at low speed.

And two years later it is back...

My front sway bar links were replaced at 35k under warranty, and I replaced the rear ones shortly after (out of warranty, but the parts are cheap).  They made a little drum-roll rattle noise, especially noticeable going over small bumps at low speed.

And two years later it is back...

Well, they definitely have not improved by the 2017 and 2018 models as both ours purchased new are failing around an average of 10,000 miles.  Seems to be a known problem.  Every time another one of mine goes, I'll be adding it to the NHTSA website to hopefully help initiate a recall.  

Greg