new car for mama!

finallycarforme

Hi all,

I drove away with a white 2014 SE yesterday with the 203A and the winter packages.  Those heated seats are toasty!  I'm coming from a minivan (which we still have, the teenagers have to drive it!) and I was worried about where to put all my mom stuff but I have figured out most of the hidden little storage spots and I think it's going to be fine.  I LOVE this car!  I haven't been so excited about a car since I got my little red Honda Civic right after college.  It's so much fun to drive something small and maneuverable after 13 years in a vehicle with sliding doors and three rows...   I have a small interior design business and needed a hatchback or wagon but I still like the higher seating position of the van but I really wanted better fuel economy.  So far I'm getting 37 mpg but it's cold here and I'm learning to be less lead footed.  I'm sure it will get better.  I'm happy happy happy with my C-Max so far!   :yahoo:

CONGRATS!   :happy feet:

Welcome to the club.  We, too, had mini-vans while the kids were young and yes they have their place in this world.  I wish we had access to the Grand CMax offered in Europe; slightly bigger than the CMax but with sliding rear doors.  Unfortunately it isn't offered in an hybrid or energi version.

Any questions, ask away.

Edited by fotomoto

I've had it a week and I love it more every time I drive it.  My mpg is going up as I learn how to drive more "efficiently".  I have hauled two loads of interior designer stuff in it and have not wished I had my van with me.  My sons have declared its name to be the Wampa (Star Wars reference for all you non-nerds).  Today when my husband sent me a text with an emoticon and I had the voice (Mrs. Roboto) read it to me, she said, "happy smiley" for the emoticon, I thought that was so funny sounding coming with her roboto voice.  I am so happy with this car. :love_shower:

Does anyone know how to post photos?

To add photos to a new reply, first click on the More Reply Options button next to the Post button at the bottom of the reply text box

A toolbar appears at the top with many options, including fonts, emoticons, and many other features.

SCREENSHOT: post-1940-0-94662100-1420526863_thumb.png

If you are linking to a photo already online:

(such as PhotoBucket, or a social media site that allows hot-linking) click on the Image icon post-1940-0-64327900-1420526523.png

It is a green box approximately under the Smiley Face Emoticon.

It should say Image when you mouse over it, and then enter the URL of the image in the pop-up that appears.

If the photos are stored on your computer:

SCREENSHOT:post-1940-0-20190200-1420525930_thumb.png

Next, in the bottom left is the Attach Files section.

SCREENSHOT:post-1940-0-11284600-1420525929_thumb.png

Click on the Choose Files button to select files from your computer.

I'm on a Mac and Safari browser, so if you are on another browser, or Windows, your screens probably look totally different, but the steps should be the same.

You can add more than one photo, up to a maximum amount of storage space available depending upon your membership account status. (Platinum members get more storage space.)

It's a good idea to shrink very large images before posting directly.

The "You can upload up to x.xx MB of files "number will be different than mine, because I've uploaded many images.

Edited by kostby

Welcome to the club from another SE owner.  I agree, I love the heated seats so much.  I do play around with the cabin heat somewhat to try to get the battery drained before turning on the heat.  Without the heated seats I would not even try that.  Helps that it is kept in a garage too.  Today was 7 degrees when I drove in and was able to get 41 MPG.  But sometimes I see it in the 30's and last night had a 3 mile run that was 29 MPG.  That was an uphill run though.  Total average is now at 46 MPG. 

It is a very fun car to have.  Congrats.