Auto show and no buyers remorse

CassidyB

We attended the Alabama International Auto Show over the weekend.. Of course I visited the Ford area, only to find no love for the C-Max.. They had one on display, but it was locked up and didn't have a window sticker. No brochures.. A few people were looking at it and I gave some brief information and showed a cell phone picture of mine. The star of the Ford area was the new Fusion. After my visit to Ford I slowly made my way to Toyota.. I asked about the Prius horsepower and got two different answers, 177 and 200. I couldn't hold my laughter in... I asked if they were sure.. After a good imitation of the Three Stooges, they returned with 134hp.. The regular Prius doesn't look too bad, but the V is one ugly whale.

I was really impressed with the Chevy Volt rep. He had nothing but positive words for the C-Max.

I was a little worried about getting buyers remorse while at the auto show, but that didn't happen.

Nice to hear that you don't have buyer's remorse. That's the one thing that keeps holding me back from making the actual purchase. Pay off my car in 2 years or take on another 4 years of payments......Even though I love the C-Max, I'm still torn.

And it's frustrating to hear ill-informed reps and dealers.

Edited by CrystalSC

• 2 months later...

I've had my C Max SEL now for two months and I still love it!  I have about 2,300 miles on it and I'm getting about 42 MPG with minimal effort so long as you stay under 65 MPH on the FWY, you should have little difficulty getting that or higher in 55+ degree weather.  The mileage seems to be going up each fill up as the drive train continues to break in ( I hear that 5K+ miles is about the break in period).  I've owned my share of luxury cars, (Lexus 400LS and a BMW M Roadster) and I can honestly tell you that the fit and finish of the C Max SEL, is very good.  The ride is solid and the quality of the materials used in the construction of the C Max really impresses me.  The steering has good feed back and yet responds quickly and accurately.  I am a big guy, so the leg and head room was deal breaker for me and the C Max really delivered with plenty of both even for a 225 lb, 6'3" guy like me!  For me, the only question remaining is the reliability of the car.  I have not owned a Ford product since 1971 and I decided to give them another look.  I made the plunge and so far I am very impressed and have no regrets but, only time will tell if I made the right decision.  Ford has the opportunity to win me back for life or lose me again forever!  Well Ford, it is all up to you!

Edited by Generalbeluga

My experience is exactly the same as yours General.  Love it still and no problems yet (knocking on wood).  I do wonder if some of the earlier produced cars are the ones with the bugs?  Ours was built Nov.8th if I recall.  I know our dealer had a couple of August built C-Maxs and I wonder how they did compared to the later builds.  I haven't talked with anyone at our dealership since buying so don't have any gossip.