Hello from Southern California

Doctordoctor

i got tired of my 01 accord and was basically set on a tdi golf wagon ( of course they are still not here) or a new accord but I really liked the Mazda 6.

Obviously I ended up with a cmax. I got jerked around by some dealerships but found a 14 sel without special packages for a great price I got it 25k out the door. I love it. I do wish they made the fusion in a hatchback and I would have bought it months ago. It is a much better looking car, but the trunk is worthless to me I couldn't even get a surfboard in it.

I'm still learning the ropes of driving a hybrid. So any tips would be appreciated . Any cool wallpapers to share? I'm getting all weather mats because of the beach and a hitch installed for my bike rack. Already tinted the windows. Is there anything else I need?

Edited by Doctordoctor

If I'm not mistaken the rear seat in a fusion lays down and opens to the trunk.  A surfboard might could be stuck in and pointed down between the front seats.  Possibly allowing the trunk lid to close.  But I might be completely wrong about this?

Edited by mtb9153

Welcome aboard. There is a lot of good reading here that will help you learn the tips.

Since you mention surfing, I have a suggestion or two for you. I just retired from a career as a scuba instructor, so I know a thing or two about wet gear in the C-MAX.

I went with the factory all weather mats, and they have been fine for my needs. A lot of people here are using Weathertech, and that has a strong following, probably more than the factory all weather mats. I just like the look of the Ford mats, and they have worked well for me.

As far as the rear interior goes, I absolutely suggest that you get a Canvasback cargo liner. I have had this in at least one previous vehicle, and it works great. Tough, and keeps the water (especially salt water) from ruining your car. If you ever get it really dirty, you can leave it in place and shampoo it, or you can remove it and hose it down. It is exactly what you need.

BTW, that is my C-MAX in the picture on their web page. I have no affiliation, and I receive no compensation from them. It's just that I ordered the first one that they made for the C-MAX, and they used my picture for their web site.

If you have questions, just ask. Everybody here is very helpful. Enjoy your new C-MAX!