Hello from Central Coast CA

Lukkydog

Greetings, I am obviously new here, but am excited to share my experience with our new CMax SEL. We looked at several cars before deciding a hybrid is the way to go. We chose Ford because of the obvious; quality, style, made in USA, which was the big one. So, we have had it for less than a week and I am already working hard to get the best mileage possible. I drive only in town, about 100 miles a day, so I have plenty of opportunity to watch the gauges. This car is so much fun. I barely miss my F150, which now sits in the drive, sad.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome Lukkydog, we all pretty much share in your joy for your CMax.  I had two GMC trucks before buying Maxus.  Which completely changed my driving style.  I went from being a speed demon and always risking speeding tickets while burning more gas consantantly.  My friends see a total turnabout from me through Maxus.  I pretty much never exceed the posted speed these last 3 years so I can get the most from every gallon of gas.  Maxus certainly has made me a better and safer driver.  Enjoy your ride.

P.S. I'm in the Centeral Coast of CA as well.  Lost in the SillyCorn Valley since 1965.

I drive only in town, about 100 miles a day, so I have plenty of opportunity to watch the gauges. This car is so much fun. I barely miss my F150, which now sits in the drive, sad.

WOW, if you were driving the F150 100/day in town, the fuel savings alone will make the payment on the CMax!

I sometimes do 60 miles/day yet still put in a full 8 hours at work so that means for a looooong day.  TIP:  the more miles you can do on a warm engine (ICE), the better your in town MPG's will be.  Cold starts and short trips are the enemies.  

Thanks, Brother! I'm San Luis Obispo area. Am I reading your profile right that you got 600+miles on a tank? My wife snickered at me that I have something to strive for. Although she likes the gas savings, she doesn't share my enthusiasm.

Welcome, from the next county down. :-)

I love my C-Max. Best all-around car I've ever owned.