Getting a duplicate key for my new driver

ecorepublican

My daughter just got her license and I would like to get her own key for the occasional drive in my C-Max. Can I get a key fob on Ebay with an uncut key - and then bring it to my Ford dealership for programming and cutting the key - the answer ?

I plan on using MyKey for her key to the C-Max. Is it worth it ?

Thank you.

The first place I went last year was my local Ford parts department. When they said over $200US, I politely said goodbye. My internet searches yielded prices just over a hundred dollars. In my mind I couldn't confirm those blanks were compatible replacements. We have some really good locksmiths nearby, so I assumed one of them could cut it, but I never got that far.

• 5 months later...

The first place I went last year was my local Ford parts department. When they said over $200US, I politely said goodbye. My internet searches yielded prices just over a hundred dollars. In my mind I couldn't confirm those blanks were compatible replacements. We have some really good locksmiths nearby, so I assumed one of them could cut it, but I never got that far.

Another user in the keyless entry part of the forum stated a FOB was $80. Seems cheap, wonder if they're right.

Edit: To clarify, I think they mean the intelligent key for a hybrid SEL.

Edited by Electric Sleigh