Hi all! I had no interest in Hybrids until C-Max

Baldeez

Hi all.

I just bought a 2013 C-Max SEL with 13k miles on it.  This is my very first american car and my very first hybrid.  My wife had been pushing the idea of buying a hybrid for years and I was dead set against it at first.

There just weren't any that I liked at all.....until I saw the C-Max.   For the last 12 years I've owned a 2003 BMW 325xi that, to this day has not given me any problems but has 170k miles on it now.  I also own a 2009 ML350  and that too has not given me any problems. ( in my eyes).  In my wife's eyes we were spending way too much on gas.  She had a point.

Although I do not want to give up BMW I have decided to sell it and give the C-Max a shot.

I have to admit..I really like it.  Compared to my other cars I get AWESOME gas mileage now and the car looks a bit sporty.  So I think I'm warming up to it.

It's only been 2 weeks since I bought it and I have no complaints.

Keith 

Way to go Keith (& your wiser half), congratz & good luck with the C-Max !

As you know, the C-Max is a significantly different animal than standard ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicles.  We love ours, but recognize that not everyone embraces the paradigm shift to more energy efficient vehicles, and how they react to our driving habits.  We have modified our driving habits a scosh, knowing that if we drive more safely we will get the most out of our brilliant C-Max technology. 

Our C-Max replaces a 1993 BMW 525 (or will over time), and our MPGs have doubled.  Our fuel cost of course is less than half counting the switch from premium gas to regular gas - :yahoo:.

Get to know the best service department (& manager) in you neighborhood.  The more interest you have in your C-Max, the better they will take care of it for you. 

Best wishes & enjoy !!!

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

I had to be dragged in, kicking and screaming myself! To me, driving big gas guzzling SUV's and Trucks is

a part of the American way of life and I'm NOT yet ready to give it up! That is why I will continue to drive my

big Dodge Quad Cab with the Hemi. My Wife has been trying to get me to trade it for years, ain't gonna happen!!

:rockon:

I had to be dragged in, kicking and screaming myself! To me, driving big gas guzzling SUV's and Trucks is

a part of the American way of life and I'm NOT yet ready to give it up! That is why I will continue to drive my

big Dodge Quad Cab with the Hemi. My Wife has been trying to get me to trade it for years, ain't gonna happen!!

:rockon:

People do like their trucks and I own one.  It is all what you like.  Personally I enjoy driving the C-max more than the truck but they are both good.  It would be hard to pull my 7000 boat with the C-max ;)

I think it would be boring if we all drove the same thing.  I am glad that we have the freedom to choose what we want (well maybe other than a little persuasion from our other half) :)

Hi all.

I just bought a 2013 C-Max SEL with 13k miles on it.  This is my very first american car and my very first hybrid.  My wife had been pushing the idea of buying a hybrid for years and I was dead set against it at first.

There just weren't any that I liked at all.....until I saw the C-Max...

Congrats and welcome to the community, Baldeez!  :) 

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. I’m here to assist with any questions or concerns.

In the meantime, enjoy your new ride!

Tricia 

Edited by FordService