New Owner in Indiana

walkerw

I have had mine a little over a month now (1200 miles). It is fun to drive and when we go somewhere I always check the trip summary. This is where it tells you the mpg for that trip, miles for that trip on EV verses gas motor. Seems to consistently by 1/3 EV and 2/3 gas. Some times I can bump it up to 40-50% of the time but mostly about 1/3. The results are like receiving a grade on how well I did (driving wise) on that trip. This past weekend we took a short trip where I averaged on different legs of the journey 46-52 mpg. Very happy with the results :wub2:

Welcome, walkerw. I just bought my C-Max today and, aside from the color (I got Ingot Silver), I got the same vehicle as you--an SE with Equipment Group 201A (power liftgate, reverse sensing system, and ambient lighting) and the Winter Package (heated cloth front seats and heated mirrors).

Some times I can bump it up to 40-50% of the time but mostly about 1/3. The results are like receiving a grade on how well I did (driving wise) on that trip. This past weekend we took a short trip where I averaged on different legs of the journey 46-52 mpg. Very happy with the results

Chinto: Can you give us complete newbie owners any tips on how to achieve the higher mileage? Thanks.

Got the new C-Max last week, ready to travel from Chicago area to Boston for Thanksgiving. Got the SEL so the wife would get the power seats (and I could have the other goodies that come along). My dealer searched to find an SEL with no other options. I did not want to pay for things I did not want or feel I needed. The SYNC nav package will still give turn by turn directions. Love the EV+ mode when I get close to home, and the ECO mode in cruise. I wish there was a switch to keep it in EV mode longer, seems like that would help with mileage. My other car is a 2008 Mercury Mariner with 99,000 miles. Love it, but I think this car will be better. C-MAx seems to have more luggage room for travel with the rear seats down than the Mariner.