Radio, speakers, sync all stopped working

After the snowstorm here in NJ, my speakers crackeled and popped. Then one big POP. Now I can't turnln the radio, Sync, etc. I press the knob to power the audio system on and the screen flashes,then disappears as if being turned off. Screen still displays time, date ,temperature. But otherwise, nothing will display or work.

I called the dealership and somehow even with my extended warranty, its out of warranty.

I did see the thread about pulling fuses and will try that. I wondering of others have had this issue and what the remedy was and approximate cost.

Oh and this is a 2013 cmax hybrid.

Thanks!

After the snowstorm here in NJ, my speakers crackeled and popped. Then one big POP. Now I can't turnln the radio, Sync, etc. I press the knob to power the audio system on and the screen flashes,then disappears as if being turned off. Screen still displays time, date ,temperature. But otherwise, nothing will display or work.

I called the dealership and somehow even with my extended warranty, its out of warranty.

I did see the thread about pulling fuses and will try that. I wondering of others have had this issue and what the remedy was and approximate cost.

Oh and this is a 2013 cmax hybrid.

Thanks!

Also, make sure the fuses are good by checking the continuity of the fuse with a voltmeter.  Use Ohm setting with leads across the fuse.  If good, you should see near zero.  I'd check F67 and F79 (see link below).

post-167-0-63911800-1453835565_thumb.png

• 2 years later...

Also, make sure the fuses are good by checking the continuity of the fuse with a voltmeter.  Use Ohm setting with leads across the fuse.  If good, you should see near zero.  I'd check F67 and F79 (see link below).

attachicon.gifBCM Fuse Layout.PNG

My radio has died - similar symptoms to Annabug.  For a while there would be a loud pop/blast of noise after which the sound system wouldn't work until turning car off/on again.  Sometimes it would turn on but no sound and few functions would work.  Now its just dead all the time.  When you press the knob it alternates between a brief flash on the screen and no response at all.  Pulled F67 and 79 and checked them but it didn't help.  Does anyone know where the fault might be?