Just Joined

mtb9153

I'm a newbie to the forum, just signed up. I'm located in the south bay area of California. Bought my 2013 Platinum White C-Max SEL on September 20th from Frontier Ford in San Jose. Had 7 miles on the odometer and now it has just over 4,000. I have been able to muster 44.9mpg from it so far. But hope that will change this weekend when I head out on my first road trip to Sacramento. I've tried everything I can think of to get more MPG but 44.9 is my best so far. I've tried pulling out from a red light with little to none acceleration and once I get up to 25mph I kick in the cruise control to bring me up to my pre-set speed.

I took a ride up to San Franciso on one of the local freeways and by setting my cruise control to 55mph (In the slow lane) and maintaining this for most of the 80+ miles round trip back home, I registered my best so far @ 44.9mpg.

Just love this car and considering buying an Engergi as my second car once they start showing up here in my area.

Look forward to connecting with other owners across the country and locally. I hope I can find an owners club to get together with, especially when we get back to summer.

Edited by mtb9153

I'm a newbie to the forum, just signed up. I'm located in the south bay area of California. Bought my 2013 Platinum White C-Max SEL on September 20th from Frontier Ford in San Jose. Had 7 miles on the odometer and now it has just over 4,000. I have been able to muster 44.9mpg from it so far. But hope that will change this weekend when I head out on my first road trip to Sacramento. I've tried everything I can think of to get more MPG but 44.9 is my best so far. I've tried pulling out from a red light with little to none acceleration and once I get up to 25mph I kick in the cruise control to bring me up to my pre-set speed.

I took a ride up to San Franciso on one of the local freeways and by setting my cruise control to 55mph (In the slow lane) and maintaining this for most of the 80+ miles round trip back home, I registered my best so far @ 44.9mpg.

Just love this car and considering buying an Engergi as my second car once they start showing up here in my area.

Look forward to connecting with other owners across the country and locally. I hope I can find an owners club to get together with, especially when we get back to summer.

Welcome to the C-Max club.