New C Max in MO

MyMax4242

Congrats on your purchase!

There are a few "doodads" up there :)  The forward one is the sunglass holder, with a dial behind that for the Ambient lighting.  The button to the left of the dial is the color pallette to change the LED colors and the button to the right turns the LEDs to white for better visibility and the overhead lights on if they are enabled with the door switch.  If the LEDs are not on at night, make sure you turn the dial to see if that will turn them on.  I test drove a few at night and the settings were different in each from people playing.  The 2 lights in the front and back are your main cabin lights.  The front one has 2 buttons in the back for side to side lighting, as does the light in the rear.  The other 2 buttons are to switch the lights on with the door opening or unlocked with remote. The other turns all the lights on, similar to the one near the dial.

Hope that helps.  If not, I am sure others will chime in.  The manual is also pretty thorough about all the features.

If you're talking about the quarter sized things above (and to left) of driver's head in the ceiling, and passenger's on the other side, they do have to do with the noise cancellation. I think they are the speakers that provide the "white noise" to cancel out the ambient noise.  Don't remember where my salesperson said the microphone was.

Ok, this started bugging me as well, so I did some digging.  Like roninsd stated above, they have to do with the Noise Cancellation system.  From what I have read, they are microphones that pickup the ambient noise.  From there, the system sends opposing audio frequencies through the vehicle's audio system to assist in cancelling out the overall noise level.

I am still not completely sold on this explanation, but at least it makes me believe that they are there for a reason.  I was known as the child that tore everything apart to figure out how it worked.  Thankfully Google saved my new car's headliner this time :)

• 3 weeks later...