New Guy Here

ldm

Hi all!  I have been looking for awhile now for a forum of C Max owners with a lot of info.  After reading here it seems I have found it.

I would like to thank you all in advance for all the help and information.

My wife and I have decided to purchase a C Max SEL but have to wait until the 2014 models are out.  I know a long wait but that's how it goes sometimes.  I have a question to start with and any help would be greatly appreciated.

How comfortable on long road trips is the C Max?  Ride, noise and any other issues?  Sometimes we will do 6,000 miles a trip.

Thanks

Idm,

First, welcome to the forum!  I think you will find this to be a great resource for information on the brand new C-Max.

I've had my SE C-Max for 12 days, so I can't give you any insights on how comfortable it will be for extended trips.  However, I can tell you that it has the quietest cabin of any vehicle I have ever owned.  The C-Max has a feature called Active Noise Cancellation by which it electronically monitors the noise entering the cabin and then "feeds-back" sound waves which cancel those of the noise.  Especially when one is driving in Electric Vehicle (EV) mode (i.e., the gasoline engine is not running), it is almost eerie how quiet the vehicle is.

I find the front seats to be comfortable.  However, I noticed that the rear, leather seats in the SEL which I test drove (I bought an SE with cloth seats) seemed to be very hard.  This was mentioned in several of the C-Max reviews I read, as well.  So, if you plan on buying an SEL and will have passengers in the rear seats on those very long road trips, you had better concentrate on the comfort level of the seats before making a buying decision.

Edited by BobJustBob

I think Ford made the bottom cushions in the back seat extra thin to allow them to articulate along with the seat backs when they are folded. So there's only an inch or two of padding between you and the hard bottom pan of the seat. There's plenty of space in the back seat to fit full-size adults, but they probably won't be too comfortable on long trips.

Thanks all for the input.  I have an update to the original post.  Instead of waiting until 2014 model we ordered an SEL today.  So in 8 weeks we should be enjoying the C Max like all of you.

Now I am really leaning on this forum for info.

Edited by ldm

Thanks all for the input.  I have an update to the original post.  Instead of waiting until 2014 model we ordered an SEL today.  So in 8 weeks we should be enjoying the C Max loike all of you.

Now I am really leaning on this forum for info.

You will be very happy with the SEL.  We got ours last Friday and think it is great.