New SEL in Charlotte

Tarheel

Hi folks!

We recently bought a C-Max SEL and so far so good except for lower than expected average MPG (~37) and one episode of a weird display which cleared up after a re-start.  Over the last 2 weeks we drove it from Charlotte to New Orleans, Houston and returned to NC...about 2200 miles round trip.

We'll be scouring the posts here and hopefully will be contributors.    

Mark and Mary Ann                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Welcome Mark and Mary Ann.  I've had my SEL for a week tomorrow.  Smooth sailing so far, but I do have to pay attention to the gauges so that I know the car is running and I really have to remember to press the brake firmly when starting and just touch the start once and quickly.  I had one little blip where I thought I had lost power steering when backing up in a parking lot.  I had run into shop and hubby in the co-pilot seat put on accessory power to enter some nav. info while I was gone.  When I turned on the car, it said it was ready to drive, but when I backed up I had no power steering.  Hubby said that he had accidently hit the power start twice so he figured he buggered up some internal sequence.  I turned the car off, sat for maybe two minutes and then started it again.  All was fine then.  I fine it pretty easy to forget how computer driven this car is and I tend to be impatient by nature --so I have to slow myself down so I don't bugger things by not paying attention.  The only complaint that I have so far is that there is no light indicators on the gear shift to register with a light to indicate which gear you are in--you have to look at the dash to confirm instead of seeing the placement lit up. Hope to hear some of your stories too.