TTAC video review

C-MaxJaxon

Published on Dec 8, 2012

TheTruthAboutCars.com's Alex L. Dykes takes the all-new, all-hybrid C-MAX out for a drive. We talk infotainment, drivetrain, seating, cargo and give the C-MAX our exclusive Trunk Comfort Index. Exactly how good is Ford's Prius fighter and does it really get 47MPG? Watch to find out.

I saw that too and thought, "no way is that a 7 second car". On my test drives, it certainly pushed me back into the seat, but not like that! I have to wait a while for mine to test it, but my recollection would be that the C-max I test drove was somewhat faster launching faster than my 3.8l town and country, and somewhat slower than the 5.2l grand cherokee.

I saw that too and thought, "no way is that a 7 second car". On my test drives, it certainly pushed me back into the seat, but not like that! I have to wait a while for mine to test it, but my recollection would be that the C-max I test drove was somewhat faster launching faster than my 3.8l town and country, and somewhat slower than the 5.2l grand cherokee.

Insideline quotes the 0-60 at 8.1 about the same as our Golf TDI. They also quote C-Max skidpad at .75g but I read one review that with TC off its .77g. Those numbers seem right too.

http://www.insideline.com/ford/c-max-hybrid/2013/2013-ford-c-max-hybrid-full-test-and-video.html

Edited by darrelld

Great review, very detailed and informative.  

I noticed the 7 second 0 - 60 time too,  awesome!   I also noticed it said they were able to get it to stay in EV mode to almost 70 mph.

What's great about the C-Max is you have "the tools" (Li-ion battery, EV speeds up to 62 mph, Brake coach, EV+, eco cruise, etc)  to get great mileage if you want , but you don't have to give up "real car" performance. 

Their comparison to the Prius was pretty spot on, the Prius does force compromises on the driver, like a noisy cabin, crashing suspension, limp steering, poor handling, cheap interior parts)