Factors that affect hybrid mpg

Maximus

According to Ford, the following conditions will affect C-Max mileage by up to the amount noted:

Speed:  75 mph vs 65 mph    - 7 mpg

Outside Temp:  40 deg F vs 70 deg F   - 5 mpg

Other factors are the break-in period (up to 6,000 miles), winter blend fuels and of course driving behavior (acceleration, braking regen, anticipation, etc)

According to Ford, the following conditions will affect C-Max mileage by up to the amount noted:

Speed:  75 mph vs 65 mph    - 7 mpg

Outside Temp:  40 deg F vs 70 deg F   - 5 mpg

Other factors are the break-in period (up to 6,000 miles), winter blend fuels and of course driving behavior (acceleration, braking regen, anticipation, etc)

I have certainly noticed the outside temp difference with mine.   Mine was consistent at 45-46mpg when is was warm but now is stays around 40-41 in town.  Better on the highway.    

The 47mpg rating regardless of town or highway is to me very misleading. This hybrid is still subject to driving variations just as much as any other car.   To have the same mileage at 20 30 40 50 60 mph would require that the hybrid not be influenced to the driving variability.