New 12 Volt battery

Telerisk

2016 Ford C-max SEL.....

For the past year or so I have been concerned over the Hybrid battery pack.  I realize it is warranted for 8 yrs 100% replacement...but none the less; the Battery Dash Symbol in the past year has stayed in the mid to bottom range whereas prior to that, it had always been in the mid to upper range.  

I have had to replace the 12 Volt battery recently as the original one totally died.  Interesting the 12v covered 3 years Flat; the Hybrid 8 years.  

Since getting the New 12v battery the Dash Battery Symbol is back to pretty much staying in the Mid to Upper....  Is there any connection between the 12v and the Hybrid batteries that if the 12v Battery was not fully charging it would be reflected in the Dashboard battery symbol and therefore why I had been seeing the Symbol mostly registering in the lower part of the symbol?  As I wrote since replacing the 12V...the symbol displays mostly in the Upper part of the Symbol......

Driving habits have not changed so that is not a factor.....

Not sure what to make of it, you could get a ScanGaugeII or other OBDII scanner and see the actual  HVB SOC. I think we have been this way before, You don't need to worry about the HVB in that you only use 1/3 of the HVB and actual use of 15% most of the time.  We haven't heard of anyone having to replace a HVB.  I have 239k miles and the HVB works great.  :)  I have seen Cabs with 350k miles for sale.  The car will fall a part before the HVB does.

Paul

Thank you and understood; and yes...good memory...we have discussed this in the past.  if the Battery symbol was not present this would be an issue/concern for me.  But since replacing the 12v Battery; the symbol now stays in the mid to Upper range and prior to the replacement...it was pretty much always in the mid to low range.  The only thing that has changed is ...replacing the 12v battery....perhaps the Battery symbol is monitoring both the Hybrid and 12v Battery?  Am waiting for the 2020 Escape Hybrid that was supposed to be in showrooms around this time but not in dealerships as yet.  Pricing however, looking at the Gas 2020 Escape...makes me feel the 2020 Hybrid may be above my pricepoint.  I do have a 2018 Kia Niro; it really is a well built Car...whereas the C-max averages 40...the Niro averages 50mph....you do feel the difference in Hp between the 2.

Here is a thread I started comparing CMAX  vs NIRO vs PriusV.  http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/6492-2017-ford-cmax-kia-niro-and-toyota-prius-v-mpg-test-drives/page-1   

My take away was CMAX is an all around  better performance Hybrid. You can get better mpg's if driven correctly. http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/6568-how-to-drive-a-cmax-hybridffh-to-get-great-gas-mileage/page-1

Paul

I love my 2016 C-Max and hate the fact that Ford did such a poor job of marketing it that it caused its demise. Thre wasn't one person I recall that I told I drove a Ford C-max that ever knew of the car.  Terrible marketing by Ford...and because it is no longer ...our vehicle values has dropped...even the so called Trade your C-max in on a New Ford that Ford has mailed me is really a very low value.    I like the CVT Traney, how it zips around.  I drove both the 2016 C-Max and 2018 Kia on the highway; cruise controls set to 65, about round trip of 156 miles...C-Max 38; Kia 54 mpg

Once again; Love my C-max wish Ford had not discontinued the model....but they did

I drive without thinking how I am driving; I realize a controlled approach delivers a great MPG result.  But I drive just to enjoy....and I would say I dive the Niro exactly as I drive the C-max.  From my personal driving experiences, as I wrote, my 2018 Niro EX gets better MPG for me personally.  If i chose to drive more precisely as your excellent Post outlines...my results may be different.

I just drive...no thought...just enjoy....