Max energi

JimD

I just bought a used cmax energi with around 37,000 miles. The first time I charged it i got 20 miles.   Now I am lucky to get 12-13. I talked to a friend who has a fusion and he said maybe the battery is leaking. Any help with this would be helpful please. Plus how long is the warranty on the electric battery? 
thanks

Jim D, you need to measure the kWh used from a full charge until drive mode switches from EV to Hybrid.   That will give you an idea of your battery degradation from new.  IIRC, a new HVB will should deliver around 5.5 kWh of EV only driving.  MIles driven on a full charge is not the best measure of lost capacity. 

As soon as the forum administrator are able to merge the fordcmaxenegiforum into this forum, you should have many Energi owners that will help you.  Where are you located?  Battery leakage? - if meaning battery degradation, it occurs in Lithium Ion batteries as the batteries are used (cycled).  So, one can operate the HVB pack to mitigate battery degradation, like not charging HVB if the battery temperature is above a certain level, limiting frequency of charging to full capacity and so forth.  Again, Energi owners can help.

47 minutes ago, Billyk24 said:

Weather related if you are in a cold(er) area of the country.    Battery is not leaking.    I have a 17 Energi.

Ding, ding, ding. 

How does the driver get heat in the winter when the ICE is off? Reduced range in winter is the Energi's corollary to poor mileage in Hybrids. 

Frank

2 hours ago, fbov said:

Ding, ding, ding. 

How does the driver get heat in the winter when the ICE is off? Reduced range in winter is the Energi's corollary to poor mileage in Hybrids. 

Frank

Yes, which is why I said mileage is not a reliable indicator of HVB capacity.  OP needs to record kWh from full charge to switch over from EV mode to Hybrid mode.