OpenPilot: Aftermarket Radar Cruise Control/Lane Keeping/Blindspot Avoidance/Collision Avoidance

stratosurfer

All, I found the following video when scanning Tesla sites, there is an open source, aftermarket Autopilot that functions as Blindside Warning, Lane Keeping and Radar/Adaptive Cruise Control. I found it here:

https://youtu.be/3Y67XKPmtY8

And it can be ordered here:

https://comma.ai/shop/products/eon-gold-dashcam-devkit

When you run the available applications there is currently no software available for our C-Maxs. YET it is open-source so if any software/hardware engineer here would like to configure one for us, we could all have C-Maxs with Radar/Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Avoidance and Lane Keeping and I believe Collision Avoidance (part of Radar Cruise Control).

This has been added to many other vehicles successfully to add these features, and if my C-Max had these features I may get a 2018 and hang on to it for quite a long time. The Radar/Adaptive Cruise Control would be really nice for my long trips/commutes.

Just putting it out there...

Anyone interested in developing the software interface for our C-Max's???...

1 hour ago, ptjones said:

What taking parts from a FFH with all of that stuff, I would think you could do it without mods.

Paul

Interesting, I didn’t think about that. So FFH’s have the Radar Cruise Control? As well the non hybrid C-max’s sold in Europe have Radar Cruise Control. Seems like a significant project, but to me this is one of the biggest shortcomings of the C-Max is the lack of the Radar/Adaptive Cruise Control. After discovering this feature in rental cars I got hooked pretty quick.

With my SKED I won’t be taking this project on: I’m yet to complete my Sync 2 to Sync 3 upgrade...

Maybe someone has the inclination and time. I would be interested in supporting the effort.

Mark