Does FordPASS give me any interesting functionality with a 2016 CMAX Hybrid?

I installed the FordPASS app for my phone with the thought that I would be able to "do things" with my car....even just get status or location from it, but it seems that Ford stopped all that and there does not seem to be any real utility with that app related to the actual car.

Am I missing anything? Is there any other way to "connect" to the car to get information from and to it? My old 2013 Honda Fit EV was a lot more "connected"...I guess I expected the CMAX to be a little more similar to it than my old 2008 Scion. (Which had no wiz-bang connectivity at all :-)

-Quentin

Edited by bigqueue

I have a number of scanners, the easiest one for a full scan of all modules I’ve found is BlueDriver that uses an app and a BT connection to the USB dongle provided. It will report on any codes from all modules, which is basically what the Ford system used to do via a text message to the Ford Server. You can’t program with BlueDrive, I have another USB OBDII adapter that I use FORScan on, but that is a much more advanced proposition, that you need to study a little before plugging in, as it has the ability to actually change programming. BlueDriver is about $100 and works great, if a code hits your dash, you can find it, record it and then clear it.

30 minutes ago, stratosurfer said:

I have a number of scanners, the easiest one for a full scan of all modules I’ve found is BlueDriver that uses an app and a BT connection to the USB dongle provided. It will report on any codes from all modules, which is basically what the Ford system used to do via a text message to the Ford Server. You can’t program with BlueDrive, I have another USB OBDII adapter that I use FORScan on, but that is a much more advanced proposition, that you need to study a little before plugging in, as it has the ability to actually change programming. BlueDriver is about $100 and works great, if a code hits your dash, you can find it, record it and then clear it.

I will check out BLUEDRIVE.....between that and FORSCAN, I think all my needs might be more than covered!

Thanks,

-Quentin