Farewell Porter

fbov

As readers know, I am now driving a 2020 Escape Hybrid. Here's the closeout on our 2013 C-Max. IMG_20200118_Lifetime.thumb.jpg.19d9bd4b7d80fcb86e3ea7a1d2eb3107.jpg

Lifetime summary was reset at the first PCM update, at 11,152 miles on 10/15/2013. Actual miles since update is 55,398.5 miles, for 54.6% EV and 4.4% Regen. 

1154303556_IMG_20200118Trip2.thumb.jpg.c34eac996d597601f113344c90754770.jpg

Trip 2 was also reset in my attempt to capture the benefit of that first PCM update. Sadly, counters don't have enough digits. MPG might be close, but the rest are way off. 

Regardless, I'm yet another owner who had no problem beating EPA mileage estimates, despite a long, cold, mileage-killing winter every year. It was an excellent car, overall, save for the brakes; front rotor rusted out and rear brakes needed repeated service. 

The unexpected part was that the car changed my personality. I was a typical type-A driver, focused on speed, speed and speed. I drove underpowered cars in part to keep my license. And our relationship start off poorly; the car really needed the tailgate recall and I didn't play well with automated doors. But, my wife wanted us to get the car from her father's estate, so I joined the forum and we got the car, just as the EPA thing started. It took me a year to "get" that this was not a highway car. By the second winter, I was committed to taking the "dribbly way" as my kids put it; shorter, more direct surface routes instead of interstates. Instead of trying to stay 9 MPH above the speed limit all the time, I was trying to stay below the blue outline that defined EV Available. I started to drive the wife and kids nuts because I was driving so slowly. 

I still am.

Frank

Edited by fbov

Well Frank, we certainly appreciate all the insight and help you've given on this forum and hope you stick around.  With the C-Max gone, it would be nice if this forum morphed into the Escape Hybrid forum as well as C-max since a lot of the information here would be applicable and the Escape Hybrid is Ford's obvious replacement for the C-Max.

Although never a type-A driver, my style has changed somewhat as well and I now also have the family reputation of driving too slowly!

SS